Amp or Antenna wire not working

Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer amp and a pioneer head unit, I have a new car so I took the pioneer amp out of my old car. I was going to place it in with my new car and everything is done but the remote wire is not telling the amp to turn off. The car also has another amp under the passenger seat that is factory installed and powers the main speakers. I figured maybe it was because I had two amps on the same antenna line, so I tried connecting just the new amp and disconnecting the factory amp and still, the pioneer stays on even if the HU(head unit) is turned off. The wiring in this car is pretty retarded, I had to rewire the whole thing when I got it because only 1 speaker was working and even it wasn't connected properly. I'm connecting to a solid blue (strange I thought pioneer always used blue with white stripe) which when I cross the remote wire going to the factor amp, it kicks on and turns off when I disconnect the wire, same with my new amp. So basically we have two possibilities (that my uneducated mind sees). I would say either:
1. Somehow between the time I was using it in my old car and now, the amp no longer responds to it's antenna (system control) wire

or

2. The factory amp isn't actually turning off either. I see no lights to tell me whether or not it's turning off when I shut off the HU. I'm kinda ignorant at using voltage meters as well, I wouldn't know how to check. I think I could find one of necessary, my dad can show me how to use one.

Hopefully someone may know the problem. I have a pretty long run going on that thin wire. Going from the front of the car to the back of the rear seats (it's a 4 door Chrysler sedan). Hopefully someone can help.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 407
What about when you turn the key off? does it turn off then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us