Amp keeps kicking off

Username: Bad_azz_bowtie

Post Number: 6
alright my amp keeps kicking off still i've installed a new alternator in my car and i've re wired my subs both of these i've been told could have caused it to go to protect mode. It kicks off when it get hard bass and sometimes soft i'm working with a 1500.1 Massive audio amp. any information would be great thanx

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1213
if that is the p1500.1 it is 1ohm stable, maybe something wrong with the amp, or it is still a voltage issue at the amp. Did you upgrade the alternator wires also.

Post Number: 7
yes..

Post Number: 8
i think i might send the amp in and see what they say..but it works to a simple extent is what bothers me and my voltometer dosnt move while its running even on hard bass like it use too..but it still seems to kick off

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5244
Check your gain/level setting on the amp. If not set correctly, it can cause protection at high volume.
Did you also measure the resistance on the subs? Sometimes it's off by as much as 1 ohm.
Not all amps are 1 ohm stable as per spec.

Post Number: 9
gain is set at half both subs are 4 ohm dvc

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5245
Try this as a test. Connect the 2 subs for a 4ohm load. Now see if it still triggers protection at high volume. If it does, then you need to lower the gain/level setting a bit further.
Just cause you have it at centre doesn't mean it's correct. If the HU has bass boost and you set it to max, it'll overload the amp.

Post Number: 10
alright i'll try that tonight when i get home from school..i'm in my comp tech class ..lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us