Amp and speakers

Username: 04shaker

Post Number: 1
Hi new to this forum and have a question. I have an 04 Mach1 and am looking at putting an Audiobahn A8002T amp with 2 Alpine SWR 1042D subs. Does this sound like a good combinaiton? Or any suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1173
no get a better amp, a 1 ohm mono amp those are dual 4 ohm subs. Like a kicker 1200.1 or memphis 1000, jbl, 1200.1 orio, there are many better then that amp.

Post Number: 2
Cool. Looks like i will do the kicker 1200.1 at 1 ohm.Is there anything i might need? thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 404
Nice amp - under-rated. Ya might want to be extra careful with the gain.

Are you using your stock HU? Does the amp have speaker level inputs?

Post Number: 3
ok. yes iam using the stock hu.I dont think it has speaker level inputs.Think this might be to much amp or not enough speaker?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4653
I would look into a aftermarket cd player if you ever want ot get full potential out of that combo. If not I recomend the JL audio clean sweep or you could go the cheap route and get a LOC for like $25 but have a very high chance of alt whine and engine noise. The JL clean sweep is $399 so it is for people who in no way at all want to sacrifice the stock look of there car.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 408
excellent LOC's

http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

Provide as good or better pre-amp signal from your stock HU than most aftermarket head units.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us