The 300$ system--- worth it?

Bronze Member
Username: Call_me_ky

Post Number: 33
i think i have my 300$ budget aall worked out... heres what i got...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&It em=5852415546
^ infinity 1230 12" 1200 watt max sub--- $51.00(shipped)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5854101939%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT%26
^alpine type r Older version i think... 12" 1000 watts maxx power. -- $45.00(shipped)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4000-Watt-Legacy-Amp-2-CHANNEL-Car-Amplifier-NEW- 2006_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8031535653QQrdZ1
^ Dont laf. Legacy preditor 2 channle 4000 watt amp-- got it for 170 shipped says 190 on ebay.

and im going to build a box with the left over money... how do u guys think this will sound? ill keep u updated i should have the subs and box by this wensday

so what do u guys think... 300$ well spent or 300$ wasted ....ill keep u guys updated just lemme no what u think... also if its at all possible tell me a minium DB i would b hittin @least 130?

Ps links are to long i think so u can copy/paste if u want (plz do lemme no how i did)

Bronze Member
Username: Ruxpin20

DeTroiT, MIchiGan

Post Number: 53
your links dont work

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4455
honestly wasted, also are u mixing subs?? also for 170 u could have got a nice amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
yea mixing subs cuz i cant win another infinity.. this is my temprary system... i bought the legacy before i knew how garbage they were... but how much of a differnce can it make... so ur saying i wont b hittin 130 dbs?.. i dont have a job and soon as i do im pretty sure i can get 250 out of my setup and have only 300 in it .. so for a few months this will have to work. what subs would u go with for 150$ shipped.. i think i honestly did decent on the sub part but yea i admit the amp was probaly a waste all though i did have it hooked up to my freinds alpine type rs new 1's 10" 2 of them and they pounded them aloooot louder then his 600 watt kenwood the amp wasnt cheap either he paid more for it then i did

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4456
u could have went to circus city and got those infinity subs for buy one get one free so about $100 then u could have got a great amp on ikesounds viper 1200d (puts out 1200rms@1 ohm) for 125 and still had 75 for wires,etc..

Also be very very careful when mixing subs. Did u make sure there both the same vc configs?? This will also cause sound cancellation so it will not be as loud as if u had 2 of 1 brand.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
dam. i might still do the speaker thing ... are the infinitys good tho? like in proper box hows the spl?

i have won auctions on ebay and havnt paid for them if i dont buy them whats the most trouble i could get? a non payer report?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4457
i like there perfect series, everthing else is kinda so so, also they are sq subs but they will give u a nice bump and sound nice.

Also if u email the seller and tell them u cant pay they will more than likely report u or give u a negative. The easiest thing to do is to start a new account and start over.

Also never state max ratings there worthless

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4310
perfects are much better than the infinities your looking at but if you want something cheap buy a ascendandt audio 12 they are only 75 bucks plus shipping on ascendants site and they will not need alot of power and kill the infinity your bidding on

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 167
What kind of vehicle are they going in? I've got two of the Infinity's I like them alot but I should've put them in a ported box though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i got a 94 boniville, i guess u guys dont know what cheap is ... lol im gettin 2 infinitys 1230w for $100.. i dont care thats a deal. i will b makin my own ported box and just want these to last me 6 months till i save up few more hundred more

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4478
"im gettin 2 infinitys 1230w for $100"

I hope there new^^, u can get them at circus city for the same price

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
no place like that around me... live in city of 10,000 people i have to buy sh!t off the net

Username: Godsson420

Post Number: 5
go with the infinities, throw em in a sealed box,(i told my boy to unplug his q-logic box for his infinities cuz i thought it would be better)but they started grindin,bad idea, those infinities also hit lowerer then most subs,lows & ports dont mix in my book,and u dont need 1000w per infinity,they are known for sounding good even when underpowered,take my word kid

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
thanks mark, i currently got 2 shipped for 85$ and thats my finial decsion, and my next question was sealed or ported for them but i guess u answered it, i dunno wheither to buy a box from circuit city made for kickers or to make a custom box... what u think?

ive never really made 1 so would it b worth it to do it on these subs ro w8 till i get my "real" system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
^^ cirtcuit city will ship for free. (none around me)

and chauncy i dont see infintys for sale on circuit city buy 1 get 1 i think ur nuts. ;)

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1110
Sean, the AA Assassins are $95.

They do kill most subs you can buy for $150.

They eat CVR's alive in my opinion, but I think they can take more than 350W RMS...And that's in my sealed box...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
wrong post? ;0

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1114
No, not the wrong post. Read Sean's post above, he's reffering to the Assassins, but he said they're $75 instead of $95.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
my bad, that was wayyy up there ;)

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 298
you should buy a prefab box off ebay for 2 12"s sealed... it will be only like $50 shipped and thats only a little more than you would be getting for materials + labor.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1633
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-INFINITY-REFERENCE-1232W-12-Subwoofers-PAIR-DVC-NEW_W0QQit emZ5856353609QQcategoryZ48614QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-MRD-M605-V12-CLASS-D-600W-AMPLIFIER-NEW-AMP-MONO_W0QQ itemZ5857191776QQcategoryZ79825QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

12 assasin $95
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-05-Model-KICKER-KX350-2-AMP-2-Channel-350W_W0QQite mZ5856255242QQcategoryZ48598QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem $130

and then buy urself a bottle of the goose

Bronze Member
Username: Jester10788

New Jersey U.S. of A!

Post Number: 17
I got the two infinities for 100 from Circuit City a month or so ago. I love them. Put the two of them in a sealed box and powered it with an Audiobahn A8002T. Each subs getting 400RMS and they are rated for 300RMS. They hit very clean and loud. I don't have a ton to compaire them to, but I love them. It seems after 2 weeks they have "broken in" and sound amazing. Got my mirror vibrating all over the place on the low bass songs, and my live rock sounds great.
Hope this helps
-Ryan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us