Off topic...............

Bronze Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 12
Well one of my cars that i have its a 1991 ford thunderbird 3.8 v6 got fucked up today. i dont know what happened i turned on my car and i heard like something squirting and seconds later my car starts making this knocking noise so i turn it off right away and i go to the store buy some oil and come back and i put the oil in and i turn the car on and again i hear this squirting noise i look under the car and oil is squirting out from the top of the oil filter so i think it might be the oil filter so i get another one and again the same thing. they told me my car is pretty much screwed but i dont know i want to fix it does anybody know what the problem might be. thanks for all your help.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 175
If its not making a spark u might hear gas spraying and if its just turning over and not starting.. maybe it has somthing to do with spark plugs or distributor, i cant see it being every spark plug tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
lol^^^ what? I was talking about the motor oil squirting out from the oil filter the car turns on fine but once all the oil squirts out from the oil filter it starts making this knocking noise and im guessing thats because all the oil is out on the floor lol. i just want to now whats wrong with my car how come the oil is sqirting out like that.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 176
oohh.. i thought u said u just changed ur oil.. i just kinda read it over really quick, srry, i dunno whats wrong with ur car, buy a new one.

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 26
you could have an internal gasket leak, the knocking you hear is the pistons that are not protected by oil when the engine builds up pressure and begins to leak.

Silver Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 183
oil pressure seems too great. maybe your oil pressure regulator(if there is one?) is broken.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 121
you could have split the case, it happens. or your oil pump could be plugged causing build up and shooting it out... or you could have a bad seal.. it is a thunderbird, honestly i would junk it... when you start it where does your oil presure fall? does the filter look swollen at all? the relief valve for the fuel pump could be stuck... if you love the car a rebuilt motor will run you 2 grand... hope this helps...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
if you love the car a rebuilt motor will run you 2 grand... hope this helps...

lol what where do you get your cars fixed at lol i could have another motor put in for 500 but i though it might have been something minor jonathan if you see this could you help me out please.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
no... i mean the motor itself is 2 grand... rebuilt... the cost of the motor... but thats nothing... to get a motor in my car is a lot... its a saab lol but w/e... depending on what is involved, labor wise it could be cheap or it could be expencive... it all depends... and 500$ i kinda doubt it... most mechanics charge 45/hr but more for me.. i only let a master mechanic handle my baby... unless im doing it myself...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
yeah i really can get a used motor for $500 plus i heard these motors are easy to take out and put in. I've had a motor put in in my dodge ram 1500 a 5.7 and it works fine but that one was 800 for everything including labor. But i have to pay for the motor oil ect.. little things no biggie. the motors and stuff are stolen but i dont give a f%ck lol And the guys that put in my motor wheve knowed them for about 8 years thats why we get the hook up.

lol Yeah those saabs are expensive as f*ck to fix and stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
oi see i dont do the stolen deal... i do legit stuff and do s much work as possible myself. so yea... They be expencive but they are worth it... my lil v6 cranks out a ton of HP and so much torque. I actually should get a diff clutch to make better use of it but i will prolly wait till this one is ready to go... Tires on the other hand... i have to learn that just because you can burn out through 3rd gear and chirp 4th doesnt pean you need to... Gets expencive.... saddening too when you realize that you need to replace them and a snow storm hits... ick...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us