Inverted sub

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 397
I just build another ported enclosure for my SX only I inverted the sub this time. Right now it sounds great but I've heard around that you gotta swap the polarity or something ???? Like
+ to - or somthing. I'm talking about the wires going to the actual amp.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 832
yeah, i think your suppose to swap the polarity, instead of - to - and + to + from the amp to sub, hook - to + and + to -.

but inverting a sub but keeping a ported box that was made for the sub mounted normally will change the sound. inverting the sub increases the airspace inside the box. not sure how much this will change though

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 399
I tried it both way and decided to go inverted because its so much freaking louder.!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 1027
Actually...That topic has come up numerous times, and an inverted sub neither sounds better or is louder.

Anonymous

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189862.html

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 433
well...if the box was too small in the first place, inverting the sub would give it more air space, therefore, fitting it to specs POSSIBLY. just depends on the setup

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 671
if you switch the polarity....- to +....+to-...from sub to amp.,.that makes it louder??
i thought you were not suposed to change that

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 674
nevermind about it being louder..

but what is the point of switching polarity?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 853
if you invert the subs, your suppose to change the polarity because you are changing the direction the sub is fireing from the box. just think about it for a second and you'll get it.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 1030
I get it, but I'm pretty sure Jonathan/GW/Isaac/Joe Smoe have all stated before that INVERTING DOES NOT MAKE A SUB LOUDER/SOUND BETTER! At least not at an audible perspective.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us