I have two 12" Alpine Type X Subs What Amp should i get?

Username: Ruhfio2121

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased two 12" Alpine Type X Subwoofers and need to knwo what amp would be good for them. Any suggetsions?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4230
whats ur budget

Post Number: 3
Doesn't matter like descent price is good. I will spend a lot if I need to though. Just if you have any suggestions as of like a really good expensive one and maybe liek a good one but medium priced. Just any suggestions are helpful. I dont want too crazy though. Thank You.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4235
2 JL Audio 1000/1 (Thats what Chad has)
1 Orion 2500D

Post Number: 4
How uch rms will that give me to each sub @ 4 ohm

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4237
the JL's will give 1000 per and the Orion will give about 1250 per, both would be great choices

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4238
I didnt read ur post correctly, why would u want to wire them at 4 ohms??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1828
both amps would be a nice choice. only reason i bought 2 jl audio amps for my type xs is in case i change my subs in the future. these amps will pretty much cover any ohm loads. also jl amps will perform their rated rms watts at 11.5-14volts.

Post Number: 5
my friend suggested an autotek mx-5000 amplifier? Is this a godo amp and is ti compatible with these subs?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4285
I wouldnt want to use a autotek amp (not that good) on my nice subs, and the x's are not compareable to the ti's, the ti's will kill the x's in sq and spl

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 831
im considering the RF t20001bd for mine.. highly underated amp gives closer to 3000 watts.. around 900 online

Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 1
hey chauncey brown the eclpise Ti's if thats what u mean by Ti would not even compare to type X, type x is 1000 to 2000 rms the Ti is only 700 rms type X would kill Ti iam running a 600 rms amp to one type X and the sub is hitting 136 db i know the amps not big enough so iam switching to a JBL bpx2200.1 which is upto 2500 watts rms at 1 ohm stable should run 2 type X smoothly one guy said he hit 172 db with 2 12" type X
Hey matt get the JBL bpx2200 its only 1200$ just under on www.woofersetc.com

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4834
"its only 1200$" -lol

he might as well go ebay & buy 2 JL 1000/1 amps 4 the same $ ...........

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4288
"one guy said he hit 172 db with 2 12" type X"

^^That one guy is full of sh!t, Also u must not understand car audio very much at all, just because the sub says 1000 rms does not make it louder than a 750 rms sub. The Ti would kill the X in spl and would be equal if not better in sq, if u havent heard a sub dont talk like u have please, u are giving people false info and thats not nice

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4291
" iam running a 600 rms amp to one type X and the sub is hitting 136 db"

Thats not very impressive. Type X's are sq subs. My friend is only running 500 watts into a RE SX and is hitting 146.4 db's.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1861
if that guy hit 136db running one type x with a 600wrms amp then i wonder what i would hit. i got 2 type xs with 1000wrms to each sub. and i am still not that impressed with the spl of the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 330
Type X subs are NOT spl subs....the Type R's are more spl, Type X are more SQ.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 807
im with chauncey up there you gotta understand if a sub is 1000 watts and another is 750 that dont mean the 1000 watts is going to be louder

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1862
i decided to change out my type Xs to eclipse tis next month. i will be selling my 2 12" type xs for real low price real soon.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 832
"hey chauncey brown the eclpise Ti's if thats what u mean by Ti would not even compare to type X, type x is 1000 to 2000 rms the Ti is only 700 rms type X would kill Ti iam running a 600 rms amp to one type X and the sub is hitting 136 db i know the amps not big enough so iam switching to a JBL bpx2200.1 which is upto 2500 watts rms at 1 ohm stable should run 2 type X smoothly one guy said he hit 172 db with 2 12" type X "

you have to understand that just because i sub can safely take more power than another.. doesnt make it louder.. TI's are underated for how much power they can handle and could easily handle the same as the type x's.. how loud a sub gets depends on alot of things.. the suspension, moving mass, motor strenth etc. The TI's will definately get much louder than the type x..
more power can only go so far as well that much power is pushing the limits of that sub.. even after adding all that power u will still only hit in the low 140's if enclosures are the same
remember every time you double the power is about a 3 db increase.. 500 - 1000 +3db 1000 - 2000 +6 db... the jbl is pretty nice,

Post Number: 6
so are the type x's not good?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4309
X's are ok, but if u can afford better go 4 it.

IDMAX's
XXX's
CMP's
Ti's
Brahma's
W7's
^^All of these are better than X's

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 834
no they are good IMO .. i have 2 of them im working on installing.. it just depends what your looking for... they have good sq.. but not as much spl as the bigger guns out there eg. Eclipse TI as we mentioned. IDMAX, JLw7,RE XXX etc.
these subs also cost alot more..
another downfall to the X is there meant for sealed enclosures so they wont perform as well in ported boxes.. so it just depends how loud u want it.. for example 1 12" eclipse TI in a ported enclosure will get just as loud as 2 type x's and match its sq..

Post Number: 8
SO what amp is the best to run the x's on.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4312
"for example 1 12" eclipse TI in a ported enclosure will get just as loud as 2 type x's and match its sq"

^^Yep, that would be cheaper, and u would not have to get a huge amp to power it.

From experience i have noticed that the X's are power hungry. I no a guy that gives each of his X's about 1600 rms.

So and Orion 2500D or 2 JL 1000/1 (thats what chad has, and he's not impressed) but to each his own

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 288
hey chauncey have you heard the ti pros?

how do they sound compared to theold ti, id MAX,XXX and w7 in sq?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4317
ti pro's are spl subs period, no sq

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1868
"so are the type x's not good?"

i said i am not impressed by it. i didn't say i hated it. they are nice subs with nice sq. they do get pretty loud. but i know there are better subs out there. i just want better thats all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us