!!!!!HELP!!!! 4 ohm load possible from 4 ohm DVC subs?

Username: Nyrider

Rochester, NY

Post Number: 1
I have 2 aw1251t 12" audiobahn subs and 2 a8002t amp's. I have each amp wired seperatly for each sub. now I want to get the most out of the amps which would require me to wire a 4 ohm mono giving me 800w from each amp to each sub. NOW my PROBLEM is I want to bridge my amp to run them mono but with the dvc subs I either get a 2ohm load when wired in parralel or an 8 ohm load when wired in series. I dont even know what proper rms wattage I'll get at 8ohm from the amp and I believe you cant bridge the amp at 2ohm. NOW MY QUESTION Is....is there anyway that I can wire the subs to get a 4 ohm mono load or am I stuck with the 400 watts rms @ 2 ohm stereo

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 290
you're stuck.

best you can get is 400w from each amp. I would probably bridge both amps and wire the subs' coils in series for 8 ohms mono - 400w a piece.

However, that IS what the subs are rated for, and giving them much more would probably be a bad idea.

If you really want to make use of all the power of your amps I'd suggest get your subs put on ebay and start shopping for a pair of ~800w rms dvc 2's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us