My amp settings

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1803
hey guys i did it. i finally set my amp settings to the way i like it. i love the way it sounds. this is what i did.

well first of all, rovin was right as usual. now that the type xs are somewhat broken in, they sound grrrrreat.
1. my subsonic filters on my sub amps are set at 30hz. even though its sealed box i just set it to 30hz.
2. bass frequency cuts off at 80hz
3. front channel on my 4 channel amp hpf is set at 110hz. i also put the little jumper on the crossover that came with my component set at high mid.
4. rear channel hpf is set at 100.
5. the gain for the front channel is slightly more than the rear to give me more of a natural sound. i like the feel of the sound coming more from the front than from all around.
6. i think my hu volume goes to 30(i never maxed it out but i think it goes to 30). before when i have the volume up to 10 it would get really loud so i adjusted the gain on all of my amps. now i would have to put the volume on my hu to 20 to get really loud.

i am very pleased with the way my car is sounding right now. also i know some people are not impressed with the jl audio xr component sets but they sound awesome to me. if anyone has any suggestions on a better way of setting up my amp then i am all ears.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us