Anyone with a 96 Ford Explorer??????

Username: Pdraper

Knoxville, TN

Post Number: 3
If it has the "premium sound system," would you advise bypassing the factory amp or not? If so, how would I do that? I know where its at, i just dont know bout the wiring. Im putting in a new deck and speakers and wasnt sure whether it should go or not. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 948
you have to bypass it, and you have to tie in the speaker wires before the amp(cut wires)

Knoxville, TN

Post Number: 4
You have to? alright so when i disconnect the wires from the amp, can i plug the input into the output? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 957
no, unplug the output and run speaker wire from amp to those on the output side. your basically switching from factory amp to aftermarket amp.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 842
I ran all new wires, but it would admittedly be much easier to just bypass the amp.

Knoxville, TN

Post Number: 7
y do i need to bypass it? im hookin my subs to my new amp and my receiver works fine with the factory amp.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 854
I don't see how thats possible, but as long as it works, you might as well roll with it, its a lot of work to take it out. But on the downside, knowing what that amp looks like and seeing its rated output and distortion, its nothing you actually want in your car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us