When the ground touches the power


Unregistered guest
My brother accidently touched the ground and power while he was hookin up his amp and it blew it. i was wonderin if it would be able to fixed before i made him by me a new one or made him pay for it to be fixed.

how could any1 here say if it burnt

take it 2 a technician

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5153
Registered: Nov-04
What exactly blew? The amp itself or the fuse? Touching/shorting out the ground wire to pos should not damage the amp. Instead it should blow the fuse near the battery.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 950
Registered: Sep-05
alot of times it blows the power supply in them.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4117
Registered: Jul-05
Also, when hooking up electronics in ur car take the negative plug off of the battery so u wont have that problem

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5159
Registered: Nov-04
If you accidently short out the power wires on the amp, there shouldn't be any current flowing. The amp needs power on the remote wire to turn on. So shorting out should blow the main fuse near the battery.
Reversing the polarity is another story.

Silver Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 122
Registered: Sep-05
I had 1 blow that way, power supply is burnt and the output's as well.get it checked. My pos got lose while playing just enough to spark and burn it out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us