If orion ppi and viper audio are all owned by directed audio wats the difference?

Silver Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 244
im looking for a 1200watt amp for my 2 type Rs and i found the viper 1200.1 for like 230 and since its so much cheaper than the orion or ppi but since they are all owned by directed audio whats the difference?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4018
old reputation, b4 they got bought they made amazing amps, they still do but now they share there technology with viper and directed. btw i found a viper 1200.1 for $125

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
i wanted to get an orion 1200 but i dont think im going to be able to afford it right now, do you think that the viper would be the same? or how much of a difference?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4023
same, diffrent case

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
really? wow is that one for 125 on ebay? because its refurbished and id rather get one new but thanks. so would you recomend that i just get the viper? and what about mixing amps because i have an orion 4002 for my speakers, would it matter if i got a viper amp? like would they interfear with each other?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4027
All a refurb is, is a new amp with an old case, and mixing amps is 100% safe

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
so they really replace everything but the case? or just fix what ever was wrong with it? and what about a directed audio 1200.1?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4032
yep, i would say like 90% of all companies give u new stuff not just car audio (JL, Dell, sony, etc)

The viper puts out a little more power ratings wise

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
so would you go with the viper over the orion? cuz im 18 so money is kinda tight but i still care alot about the quality i want it to sound good, im upgrading from audiobahn so i want it to be amazing compared to that

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4037
im only 18 to.lol, since money is tight go with the viper or the directed. this will get the job done and it wont kill ur pockets

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
your only 18? wow how long have you been into car audio?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5149
Be careful of refurb amps. Not everyone replaces the WHOLE board. Some just to spot repair with cheaper parts to save money.
I'd go with new, used, then refurb.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4063
Yep,Born on April Fool's Day 1987(Twin Brother, and Grandma 2)

Ive been in car audio for about 4 years.Huntsville is like the biggest medium size city in the US or something like that, there is about 7 car audio shops on the same street, and about 15 total in about a 20 mile area, so i get to see and hear alot of stuff, plus my truck gets alot of attention, so other guys with systems and I talk alot.

But if u have a warranty, u can keep sending it back , and u will end up getting something nice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
thanks for the advise isaac, i think that i am gonna try to find something new since i have spend so much on the rest of my system i dont want to settle for a refurb, so there is a viper 1200.1 for about 250 shipped on ebay right now i think that i will try to get that because i dont seen many orion 1200s on there any more for less than like 450

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
I won an orion! there was a brand new orion (well WCC) 1200D amp on ebay for sale that was up to 175 and i asked him to end it early for 250 and he said ok so i got it for 270 shipped and i had $100 in ebay gift certificates so it only cost me 170, i think i got a pretty good deal... wat do you guys think?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4082
hell yeah, great deal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
alright, ill have to post some pics when im done with the fiberglass enclosure and amp rack
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us