Question about amp wiring?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmoe75

Post Number: 25
my amps keeps cutting off. at first i thought it was the amp, but every amp i connect cuts off after about 10 minutes after use. i not sure but i think its a problem with my remote turn on. I have 2 sources connected to a distrubution block (crossover and sub-amp) the crossover never shuts down but the amp shuts down in 5 or 10 minutes. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I'VE CHECKED EVERYTHING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!!!!!!!
I have it wired directly from the distribution block. I have a 4ga wire going to the block directly from the battery and 8ga from the block to the amp. my rear door speakers have a factory amp that uses the same remote turn on that i had to use to turn on my amp & x-over. when the amp shuts off my rear door speakers also shuts off, but the x-over remains on.
these are pictures of the inputs and the speaker conections. i have the right and left inputs from the x-over going to the 2 top inputs on the amp labeled blt.1 & blt.2. the switch is on sub and the other 2 switches are set to on. i have the speakers bridged according to the diagram of the speaker set up. its sound good for about 5 minutes then it shuts off.
these are pictures of the inputs and the speaker conections. i have the right and left inputs from the x-over going to the 2 top inputs on the amp labeled blt.1 & blt.2. the switch is on sub and the other 2 switches are set to on. i have the speakers bridged according to the diagram of the speaker set up. its sound good for about 5 minutes then it shuts off.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 102
why does that amp have two terminals for the gnd? and is your gain set too high? juss trying to help , anyone no what the problem might be.

Silver Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 103
KNOW** not no

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney88

Http://www.freewebs.co..., Minnesota US

Post Number: 28
I would bring it to your local Car Audio shop and have them look at the Guts of the amp.. also is there a warranty on the Amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmoe75

Post Number: 27
no i dont think its the amp because any amp i connect it does the same thing. i believe its a wiring problem. should i run a different remote to my amp than the one in back of the HU that is used by the factory amp?

Username: Jester10788

New Jersey U.S. of A!

Post Number: 5
Ya Moe, try hooking up the remote to a switch and see if it still shuts off. I'm sure some others can give you more info on doing that. Give it a try.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us