Whats is remote on an amp and where do you hook it?

Bronze Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 31
What is remote and wheres it go. When you hook your amp to your batterie do you hook it to the neg. or the pos. post? Noob in need of pro help. TY

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 798
no, the REM lead goes from the back of the HU, the HU REM output, to the amp's REM input. if you hook it up to the battery, the amps will never shut off.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 844
or you can run it from swirched fuse in panel(radio way is prefered though)

Username: Stnebrdgecustom

Hazel Crest, IL

Post Number: 4
the remote goes to your head unit as a turn on wire.
the 12v on the amp goes the + on the batt. and the grd goes to a ground on the body of the car

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
where do you buy a remote wire for a sony cdf-7000 the wire broke off where it comes from the HU? Ty

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 803
idk how you'd fix that. you'd have to pop the unit open and resolder a new wire i guess.

or you can do it like TY said and not worry about the HU.

Bad_Azz_Bowtie
Unregistered guest
you can run your rem wire to your positive on your amp and hook a switch up on it so that your amp is not always on.. but you'll have to always switch it on or off manually

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
No No my head unit has like a headphone jack for the remote that plugs in and out but the wires broke right at the jack and theres not enough wire to open up and connect another one for it i was just wondering where i could get the type of head;phone type jack that plugs into it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us