HELP, amp keeps cutting off!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmoe75

Post Number: 18
my amps keeps cutting off. at first i thought it was the amp, but every amp i connect cuts off after about 10 minutes after use. i not sure but i think its a problem with my remote turn on. I have 2 sources connected to a distrubution block (crossover and sub-amp) the crossover never shuts down but the amp shuts down in 5 or 10 minutes. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I'VE CHECKED EVERYTHING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 430
is it wired at the right independence

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I have it wired directly from the distribution block. I have a 4ga wire going to the block directly from the battery and 8ga from the block to the amp. my rear door speakers have a factory amp that uses the same remote turn on that i had to use to turn on my amp & x-over. when the amp shuts off my rear door speakers also shuts off, but the x-over remains on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
it is a 4 channel amp. i have it bridged into 2 channels. it is powering 2 mtx 6000 4ohm subs. i had the same set up in my 85 pontiac and had no problems took it out and put it in my 96 tahoe and it wont stay on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
these are pictures of the inputs and the speaker conections. i have the right and left inputs from the x-over going to the 2 top inputs on the amp labeled blt.1 & blt.2. the switch is on sub and the other 2 switches are set to on. i have the speakers bridged according to the diagram of the speaker set up. its sound good for about 5 minutes then it shuts off.

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
anybody know whats wrong?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us