Two separate amp/sub kit installation help

Mike R, nc
Unregistered guest
ok, i've set everything correctly, but when i set both filters to low, there is barely any output, but when one set to low and the other to flat or high, it does what it's supposed to. Why isn't it playing when both is set to low? Also, if there's a way to set both subs to play mono instead of right/left, i'd like to know. I think that by using a 2f/1m splitter back into a 2m/1f splitter might make each one of the cables mono. Please help, thanks. Mike R

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 780
i don't understand what your talking about by the setting both filters to low...explain what filters and on what your talking about please?? also, if you could say what equiptment it is you are working with it would be a big help.

but the RCA issue, you can use splitters and run R and L to the two amps, thats how mine are done. i just got 2 all F end splitters and 2 shorter RCA cables to hook the HU to my 2 sub amps. you can pick thoes up at radio shack.

mike r, nc
Unregistered guest
the filters on the amps, when both are set to low, barely any sound comes through, but when one amp's filter is set to low and the other amp's filter set to flat or high, the sound comes through fine. i don't know how else to explain it. both amp/sub kits are lightning audio/ b150.2 i think

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 784
is there a dial that goes with the filters to choose a frequency?? set both to 100Hz and turn the switches to LPF. do you have a crossover on the HU set to anything?? if you have crossovers in the HU, use them and turn the amp crossovers off. set to LPF and 100 hz, you can adjust them later. sounds like one crossover is interfering with the other.

mike r, nc
Unregistered guest
i'll try that later, don't have my car with me right now, but one amp/sub is plugged into the left rca on the headunit and the other amp/sub into the right. is there any way to make both subs play both left/right? no crossover in the headunit. thanks for the info, i'll try it later and post back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us