When YOU tune your amp jonathan or other experts...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1500
when you tune your amp you turn all procressing off correct? like 0 treble 0 bass 0 mid. sub level to 0. loudness off. now you would play a 50hz tune at 0db for tuneing a sub amp.... you turn it up 3/4 the way.... now go back to ur amp (which is not hooked up to the sub) and read the AC volts from the amp with a true rms dmm. okay now say im tuning to 500w appx. the subs load is 2 ohms. so say 32V we'll ttune too. 32x32 =1024/ 2 = 512w oh and i almost forgot. prior to that make sure the bass boost is at 0 or off. now, jonathan or anyone else who knows about this well, do you just hook up the sub now and call it quits (besides making ur treble mid and bass the way you like it) and make note that the bass on my HU doesnt make my sub louder really... now the subwoofer level. am i suposed to keep it on 0? will my amp clip when i put it up some? i aready know that when you turn bass boost up it will definetly clip your amp. but im not sure about the subwoofer level. you want to be able to adjust ur subwoofer level right? so why would it always have to be on 0?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 822
if you plan to have the subwoofer level on your HU turned up, you should set the gain on the amp with your DDM with the sub level turned up. If you turn up the sub level after the fact and then bring the volume up the 75%, you're pulling more power out of the amp then you set the gain for, you'll be clipping it.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 823
i just looked at the sub forum and saw the same thread, thats annoying Trevor.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1503
thanks steve

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1508
scuba steve. i dont care what you think. then dont read it in that section. was it really necessary to say that? i think thats annoying. the help was appreciated but you need to get over things easier. im tired of everyone complaining. its not like i ask the same question over and over saying bump bump bump

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 826
you don't care what I think? alright, whatever dude, get over yourself. In the future, please don't post the same question on different forums, it divides up the discussion of the problem and the person who asks the question loses out in the end, and its a waste of time for those of us who answer questions on this forum.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1511
ive been a member for longer than you, i know how this forum works. its not very organized but it gets a lot of hits. especially the subwoofer section. so if you have a question youd like a quick ressponse for thats where you need to post it. ive given my fair share of time replying to peoples questions. nowhere near jonathans time and effort but more than you have. lately the amplifier section has been receiving a lot of hits but mainly by people asking the same thing over and over. orion 2500 or kicker 2500 yada yada. so i didnt want it to get lost in repeating posts. and incase you didnt notice. the first thing i said in the subwoofer section post was sorry for posting in this section. so i dont need to get over myself, because im over you, cuz ur heads up your a$s ... haha gotta love blue streak. that was a quote so dont get all antsy...

and btw. althought im not into drugs and things that get talked about alot. i like how this forum is a place where people can talk. not just aask questions. and be all perfect. so why dont you go yell at no limit for posting under the sub section that his borther is in intensive care.... that would be totally out of line....

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 830
I've already wasted enough time answering your question that had already been answered and explaining why what you did was rude, I'm not going to waste any more time than this responding to your most recent absurd post.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1513
absurb? what are you 5? if thats absurb you must spend your whole life telling people on this forum they are annoying... ask around. as i dont have an immensely large amount of knowledge to offer, no1 will complain that ive been annoying or absurd. i try to help out as much as i can. i do not expect a reply but i hope you read this. you need to grow up buddy. there are much more important things going wrong on this forum.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1346
Sometimes I wish I were a moderator... I could stop all this stupid nonesense...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10856
That isn't how I tune an amplifier, personally.
I use an RTA, and pink noise generator to set the EQs, and I use a scope and tone generator to set the amplifiers' input sensitivity.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1514
glasswolf, id like to get my hands on a 'scope but well to begin with i dont know where to get one or the price but i also dont have the money to blow on one. so this is my alternative way which is still much much better than the "listening" method

jake, this thread is done unless jonathan, glass or another helpful poster wants to contribute to the topic. why steve couldnt have just stopped with his initial helful post or simply could have put please dont do that idk but its really not that big of a deal that he posted that in comparison with anon posts which take up probably 20% of this forum. hopefully we can get the admin to rid of the anon capabilities.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10866
well, you'd asked how we do it. I was jut sharing that info :-)
look on ebay for "tektronix oscilloscope" (maybe its tektronics. I forgot and its 5am. don't wanna go look at mine downstairs. it's cold down there hehe)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5307
It's Tektronix

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5128
Trevor, if you "tune" your amp with everything set to zero level, you can sometimes, overload the amp when you change the controls to high setting. Keep that in mind. Just cause you set something correctly at zero level, doesn't mean it'll stay that way when you turn the tone controls/bass boost to max.
You can easily get scopes on eBay for under $100 for testing. I've seen 100Mhz scope sell for $150. I bid on it too late.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1520
aright thanks guys 'preciate it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us