Hey jonothan real quick question

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 274
Is the C2K cleaner and more clear then the PPI White Art Series Amps?

having second thoughts

I got the PPI a.404 I think its 50x4 wich will work out fine, for the Rainbows at 100 rms I guess it would work like this I can put 50 watts in the Tweeter and 50 watts in the Mid Driver

I seen a 2ch 200 watt PPI I could put into the rear fills

Now if the c2k is cleaner then the PPI or just a better amp I could do all that is planned with but just with the c2k.

Thanks mayne

ps. since my girl had a lower end alpine hu I gave her my 8445 Eclipse when we did an install so I will be Looking for a new Hu maybe the 8455 I heard Pioneer P9 combo is doing good as well

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5281
The C2K series is a little cleaner, but you wouldn't notice a difference. If you got a higher power amp you'd notice one. You really aren't going to notice a difference between any modern amplifier if it isn't clipping. Having headroom and necessary power are the main things to focus on. There is something to say about build quality, but not in this case since you're comparing two top notch amplifiers.

"I guess it would work like this I can put 50 watts in the Tweeter and 50 watts in the Mid Driver"

Doesn't work like that. When you give a component set 100W, both drivers get 100 since the crossover divides power to the drivers. While you have two drivers, with the crossover the amplifier effectively sees one driver with a reactive impedance load. You could get away with 50W per driver, but you'd lose around 3db.

"ps. since my girl had a lower end alpine hu I gave her my 8445 Eclipse when we did an install so I will be Looking for a new Hu maybe the 8455 I heard Pioneer P9 combo is doing good as well"

Snatch up the P9 combo if you can. Excellent processing capabilities.

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
ok I thought that putting a channel in the tweeter and a channel in the driver was called active and would sound best.

When I tell them I want active they dont know what im talking about , what is the proper term to tell the installers so they will know what i want hell i dont even no what. cuz i dont understand lol i know i dont wanna bridge because i want the cleanest of all signals goin threw

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
Snatch up the P9 combo if you can. Excellent processing capabilities.

that would be 1 hell of a hu to sound better then the 8445 cuz that thing is clean!

only problem with her set up is the pioneer 5ways they are harsh an distort easy i dont know what i was thinking buying pioneer
what are pioneer doing diffrent with the hu

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5289
"ok I thought that putting a channel in the tweeter and a channel in the driver was called active and would sound best."

It's called active. If the installer doesn't know what an active crossover is, I'd recommend you get a new installer. Active has many advantages over a passive crossover, but ONLY if you know how to use it. You'll need to do a lot of testing to get the sound right, and you need to be experienced with them to get best results.

"only problem with her set up is the pioneer 5ways they are harsh an distort easy i dont know what i was thinking buying pioneer
what are pioneer doing diffrent with the hu"

Their speakers aren't great. 5 ways aren't great anyway. Their HUs are top notch in this case. Two totally different design goals. Companies can't be the best at everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us