Open for recomendations on semi-audiophile system.....

Username: Metal_m_a_n

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1
I currently have an Alpine Head unit and a small sony amp powering two shitty 10" jensen subs and I have all aftermarket speakers but they are cheapies. For what it is I get pretty damn impresive sound out of it for only having like 400-500 invested. But I am looking to get serious and leave the kiddie sh** behind. So what I wanna know is "What's good?". I really prefer Alpine but I feel that thier amps and subs are slightly lacking specially the subs but that is just becuase of stuff I have heard and read. I have 4x6's in front and 6x9s in the back. Bout 2-3 cubic feet to work with on the sub/s. I realy am just looking for a decent priced semi-audiophile system but I wanna be able to turn the amp up and bump some rap every once in a while and have my mirrors all go out of whack, even though I mainly listen to rock. I plan to upgrade to the cda-9855 Alpine head unit and am pretty deadset on that but the rest is up in the air and I don't have money to blow trying to find out what sounds good. I think I would like one ported 15" and pretty decent speakers. Thinking about powering all the speakers with a seperate amp as the head unit will have 3 sets of preamp outs at 4v which is hella nice. I am gonna do a fiberglass box for the sub/s. And I am relocating the battery to the rear bout 1-1.5 feet of wire between it and the amp so I won't need a capacitor. Anyone who know's what they are talking about please give me a reply.....

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 357
how much do you want to spend and are you looking for all spl or sq,sql

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 402
You probably want to get a really good set of component speakers up front and then not worry about speakers in the rear. As for subs, if you like Alpine there type X is a very good SQ sub and if you port it, it can get loud. However they do not make it in a 15'. The alpline HU is a good choice, they have alot of options to help you.

Username: Metal_m_a_n

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 3
Well I don't really have a price limit as I am gonna buy the head unit here pretty soon thinking the cda-9855 then the rest in pieces since I can just replace parts as I go since I have a complete system allready. Type-x is a bit much power and I really want some low frequency so I think I need the 15" and more of the sq than the spl but I still want the decent spl for when I am in the mood to rattle some windows....Wants something to sound nice on like 0-5 on the sub and then be able to turn the amp up to the 15 and rattle everything(those are the Alpine numbers I am used to but you get the point). And what do you guys recomend for component speakers? I was looking at type-r but they do not make a 4x6 which I need for the front. Thanks for the feedback allready guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us