Need help/ advise on wiring, caps and alt.

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 73
I will be running 1 orion 2500d, 2 orion 250r hcca's. I have 1 3.0 farad cap. I need to know if I can go to a second alt just for the system? wired only to my amp's and run hu and mid amps off of my stock alt will this cause any problems and if not what size alt and cap would be sufficiant for those three amps total of 4100 watts

Silver Member
Username: Kirbdog22

New Bern, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 136
you don't need a capacitor here check this out
text/htmlUpload
recwirsz.asp.htm (46.4 k)

Bronze Member

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 75
i checked it out but it didn't(or I couldn't findit)tell me if it hurt to run 2 alt's, 1 just for amp's,with it's own battery, and cap. I don't want ot hurt the electricle system of the truck.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 764
what subs are you running and what do you have the 250rs on.....you can probably get away with 1 alt, but you need xtra batteries for those amps....

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 768
if you can find a bracket or make one, and have the room, a 2nd alternator shouldn't hurt anything. have no experience with a second, because i don't have the room at all in my Accord for a 2nd, otherwise i'd have 2, lol. not sure on wireing though, i'd assume you just run the output wires to seperate batteries.

Username: Chundimaster

Gdg, Gnbf Bn mvbn

Post Number: 6
i have a p6001db Rockford fpsgate and the protect light is always on what could be the prob?

Bronze Member

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 88
I did install the second alt, and ran it to a second bat. It's working great, I also upgraded to 1/0 fine welding ground wire. with just the hcca's i don't drop below 14 volt's. I have my remote turning on the alt to only charge when running the system. I have 2 re mt 15's. but the hcca's are running 1. the 2500d will be in sat and it will run the other. I used the ac pump bracket( never worked anyway) had to modify it abit. I will post pics in a couple of days.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us