Need feedback on if my system is worth anything or not haha

Username: Asher1448

Chattanooga, TN USA

Post Number: 1
I drive a really small 2004 acura rsx.. I have a new alpine 12" type R 1242D which is a 500W sub with a 1500W peak. My amp is a new alpine mrd-m605 600w rms amp. I have a ported box for lower bass. Does this sound like it might sound good? Thanks a ton!! This is much appreciated!!! any suggestions to help are fine too! Thanks everyone!!! Have a great day!!! =) --Ashley

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 229
yea... havent u listend to it yet? lol

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1019
yea that is definatly a nice littlesetup. great sub and anice amp. what is your box tuned to?

Chattanooga, TN USA

Post Number: 5
haha well i just bought it all so its not installed yet so i was curious as to if it was gonna sound nice or not yet haha sorry

my box is a 3/4 mdf and im pretty sure its tuned to 38Hz.. good or bad?

sorry im clueless on SOME parts of this whole thing since i AM a girl haha thanks guys!~

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 423
Hey ashley whatsup.....Welcome to the forum....Upload

thats a great setup,what head unit and stuff do u got

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
thats ok ur here 2 learn,everyone's gotta start somewhere

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 231
Ash- As Ne$ter just said Welcome to the forum! you will learn so much from this site. my friend has a type r in his honda prelude , it sounds really nice in my opinion, i think will be very pleased with the type r.

Chattanooga, TN USA

Post Number: 8
thanks so much guys!! its good to hear that its a good setup! im so proud of myself! haha

My head unit is a Panasonic In-Dash CD Player (CQ-C7301U)
... heres a link:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Panasonic-In-Dash-CD-Player-CQ-C7301U-/sem/rpsm/o id/116760/catOid/-13089/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

it was a surprise so i didnt really get to pick it out but i like it just fine and i think it should suffice??

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
thats just fine...
its nice 2 see a girl with an interest in car audio............so what kind of music do u listen 2

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4252
Hey Ashley
Upload

I own 2 type Rs so i know u will love yours .
Good setup - alot better than some members here with audiobahn/pioneer/boss equipment .
How'd u make your selections - did some1 help u ?
I take it u are using your stock doors speakers ? - which is still fine .....

Feel free 2 ask any ?s here when u are doing your install .......Upload

Chattanooga, TN USA

Post Number: 9
haha thanks... wow i listen to everything but country is lowest on my list but i definitely dont hate it... i dont know why but i really like rap i guess cause i love dancing.. and i love older rock and newer alternative rock!! what about you??

well i just made my decisions based on what i knew! and yeah im just using my stock door speakers for now.. i wont have extra money in my budget for those for a few more weeks.. should i stick with alpine or what do you suggest????

thanks again boys!

Bronze Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 43
Feel free 2 ask any ?s here when u are doing your install .......

but dont ask about the best bass songs lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5242
"well i just made my decisions based on what i knew! and yeah im just using my stock door speakers for now.. i wont have extra money in my budget for those for a few more weeks.. should i stick with alpine or what do you suggest???? "

Depends on how far you want to go with it and how much you want to spend. Got any idea how much you're willing to spend?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 425
sweet, a girl... welcome

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 251
yes welcome to the forum u know more about subs then i did when i first came here i havent heard alot of subs so i wouldnt know what to really recomend besides what these guys here have recomended i've only heard a pair of L7's, JL's and some Rockford Fosgates all dont sound that good the L7's had good SPL tho i have to admit that lol every one knows his name when he starts to come

TN USA

Post Number: 10
well based on what i have i guess you can use that in reference to how much im willing to spend.. i dont have like a set amt of money that im willing to spend though im just looking for quality!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1397
ohh yea...soak up wat jonathan, and glasswolf have 2 say....its the most informative out of us.
we can give u lamens terms of stuff lol....so can they but still lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4256
what i would suggest 4 now is 2 hook up ur system with what u already bought & run ur stock speakers off ur deck & see if u like it - if its not enough then u need 2 upgrade them .......

Bronze Member

TN USA

Post Number: 11
k thanks a ton!!! --ashley

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 349
wow its just wierd how fast men post when a girl ask a question,i remember when i fist found this site i had to ask a couple of times to get a response.NO OFFENSE ashley i just thought how funny it was to picture all the guys tongues hanging out there mouths lol. but ya welcome to the forums.should have a nice sweet system there.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 317
welcome to the forum ashley ya i would def have to agree with thomas lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1493
yeah i was reading this whole thread and while i was reading i was like wow when a guy registers there lie thanks for registering.. when its a girl its like jessica simpson walked into a bar and all the guys are trying to talk to her lmao.

but ashley, your setup should be nice. it should sound good and probably fit or even more than fit the amount of bass you want. (i could be wrong though) just usually most girls dont like so much bass you cant breathe lol. but the only downfall i saw, which im suprised no one else said anything about it, was the 38hz tune to the box. you said you THINK. well id find out because that could be key to how good your setup will sound. with that sub a 32hz tune is probably more optimum for SQL. goodluck with your setup though let us know how you like it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4075
you guys are a trip LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
yup^^^^...but what do u expect when ur hanging with guys 24/7 and 1 girl shows up...lol

Anonymous

LMFAO you guys are all over this "guy" its not a girl is just some @ss trying to be cool i just instant message the girl at my space.com and she dosent know sh!t about car audio she said is just someone using her name and stuff if you dont believe me click on her profile and tell her yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 446
r u serious?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4274
i had my suspicions cause her set up is a bit too precise not saying that females don't know jack . It seems fishy but @ the time we all gave 'her' the benfit of the doubt by welcoming a new member .

If its really a girl , lets see if he does post back - if not , then we all been seriously had ! ....

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 82
lol y do u post as anonymous. why don't u show us who u r.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us