Lil Help on Box Building.......know a carpenter /math teacher?

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 154
Okay carpenters, I need some help. I have an Orion P-series 12 and want to build a VENTED box. That is not ported. I can handle wiring. I can fabricate some things, but my expertise cuts off in carpentry mixed with math. Couple of days ago I helped a guy tune his system. He had 2 no name 12's, but they were throwing down! I adjusted the gains, xo's, and HU, but I took one look at the box and I had to BTF up! Right dead center of this thing was a rectangle-shaped "vent". This thing really slammed. He hit 136dbs and it was not cranked. If one of you geniuses could help me figure out the precise measurements I need to build this box to, I would greatly appreciate it. The site says 1.3 cuft, but that is for a NORMAL ported enclosure. Help? It is dvc 2 ohm. Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 228
http://www.freewebs.com/greeneyscaraudio101/

look under links

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1018
http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/wahlsboxes/

I can design you a box for $10.00

My aol name is Sploosh56

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 232
hey wahl.. just curious if you have any pictures of any of the boxes youve made?

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 155
Wahl, you think you can design the box I described? If so, I am up for it, Dude.

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 160
bump

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1025
hey my aim is Sploosh56 and I'm assuming yours is the same as your username. I have lots of pics and vids of boxes and installs I have done

Silver Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 162
Hit me at kojak2828@yahoo.com and I can give you some dims. This ain't gonna be a cakewalk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us