Can I hook one amps outputs into another amps inputs

Username: Rusted

Tillamook, Orgon Usa

Post Number: 3
I was wondering if I could hook a 45 watt head unit into the high level inputs of a 50 watt amp and then those outputs into the high level inputs of a 100 watt amp and if so would that actually putout 195 watts into my speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 65
no you will it will not increase the out put. better to use low level inputs and preamp out put from head unit

Tillamook, Orgon Usa

Post Number: 4
so even if i just connect my head unit into the high level inputs of the 50 watt amp it doesn't give me 95 watts to my speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 66
nope

Tillamook, Orgon Usa

Post Number: 5
well that bites, thanks for the info

Unregistered guest
1997 volvo glt with 8 speakers (2 dash, 2 fr doors, 2 openings on rear doors, and 2 speakers on rear deck). 6 functioning speakers right now with none in rear doors. ok, i want to upgrade the speakers to infiniti reference series, and wanted to know how the heck to go about wiring the new amp to power the rear speakers (im adding a pair to rear doors), and still continue to use the factory amp for the front 4 speakers. the rear speakers run on 8 ohms and the front 4 run at 4 ohms. this is becoming the issue and no one at any of the install places i have been to in town know what the heck to do. anyone know? car is already wired to the rear doors. should i tap into the head unit for a signsl and disconnect the rear output from factory amp to the rear completely so i dont blow up?
thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us