Stupid Amp

Devond
Unregistered guest
Alrighty so i got a wiring kit and a Sony 4 ch amp. 500 max i hook it all up at low volumes the sub plays fine but when i turn it up the sub plays like 2 beats then the amp power goes lo cus green power light turns red and then it doesnt come back for another 10-15 seconds...is it time for a capacitor...or is it just the old alternator in my truck 91 F150

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 710
Bet you have that amp bridged, prob on a sub that has 2 voice coils, if so ther is your problem....

Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 7
man sell that amp or put another one cuz i had that problem. i had 4 subwoofers and 2 bullet dome tweeter on a legacy 970 amp and damn that thing was forced but the problem was something on the cables, you might check your wires and do something bette and buy another amp so you'd get better DBs

Post Number: 8
man sell that amp or put another one cuz i had that problem. i had 4 subwoofers and 2 bullet dome tweeter on a legacy 970 amp and damn that thing was forced but the problem was something on the cables, you might check your wires and do something better and buy another amp so you'd get better DBs

Devond
Unregistered guest
alrighty ill double check my wiring maybe a short in power cable?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
probably

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 919
or it could be your amp is a piece of sh!t, sony amps aren't the greatest be a long shot, i bet my kicker kx200.2 puts out more power than amp does.

Username: Iidbombii

Post Number: 2
Did you ever fix that problem because the same thing happens to me? I'd like to know what to do. And I have a sony amp as well.

But just bought a Kenwood.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us