Dual Voice Coil Question

Username: Jmiklos919

Post Number: 1
I have two JL audio 10w3's and a JL audio 500/1 amp. When i wired the subs up im not sure if i did it right. (In the following im only referring to one subwoofer) I took the two positive wires from the voice coils and saldered them to the positive side of the terminal on the insideof the box (making two wires into one, kinda) i did the same thing for the negative powered wires coming from the voice coils and i did the other sub the same way. so only two wires are going to be coming from the terminal on the outside of the box (four total counting the terminal on the other side of the box for the other sub) i havent fully hooked them up yet. it comes ot to be 2 negative and 2 positive wires that need to be hooked into my amp and there is two sets of subwoofer outputs so i think itll work tell me if im wrong

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4187
those subs are 300wrms 4ohms dvc right !?

& basically u said did this right ?
Upload

but i wouldn't cause that amp is 1.5ohms to 4ohms stable so if were me i'd do it this way instead
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 703
what ver of w3 dou you have the dual 4 or dual 2, if dual 4, you need to run it at the 4ohm load model.The 500/1 is not rated for 1ohm, i run that smae setup in my titan.

Post Number: 2
how do i tell if its dual 4 or dual 2 i got these from a friend

Post Number: 3
and how do i splice together the wires

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 704
pull one out of the box, it is on the bottom of sub. will be d2 or d4 and as far there is no splicing, you will need 4 pieces of speaker wire and then one from the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us