Amp and subs watt question

Username: Daniel07

Denton, Texas

Post Number: 5
ok im looking at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13846 2 of those subs running off of one of these amps http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14935 The subs are RMS-300 and are dual 4 ohms the AMP is 1100watt with a RMS of 300-500watts Please take a look at these and let me know if it is workable and will sound nicely, i am not wanting anything to blow my eardrums or anything keep that in mind just sq

Bronze Member
Username: Mushjake44

Shakopee, Minnesota United states

Post Number: 36
well if u bridge out ur amp and hook them up as 1 ohm hookup like i think that ur planning on doing u would be putting to much power to the subs... so u would have to get like a 600 watt mono amp. that would probably be ur best bet from what i know about all this stuff but if u got that amp then u would need to turn the amp way down in order to not blow ur subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
also when u look for amps make sure that they say that they are 1 ohm stable if u plan on hooking it up like i told u. here is also a pic to show u what im talking about.

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Denton, Texas

Post Number: 6
so if the subs RMS is 300 then i should get an amp with double the subs RMS?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
also when u look for amps make sure that they say that they are 1 ohm stable if u plan on hooking it up like i told u. here is also a pic to show u what im talking about.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
yeah if u want 300 rms for the subs double that for the amp and hook it up like i showed u. but make sure when ur looking to make sure it says "1 Ohm Stable" if ur only going to get a 600 watt amo they also are called class D amps.

Denton, Texas

Post Number: 7
Jake do you have AIM i would like to talk to you danielw2007

Denton, Texas

Post Number: 9
Jake do you have AIM i want to talk to you... danielw2007

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 672
yhou can not use that amp with thiose subs, they are dual 4 ohm subs, you need either dual 2 or single 4's,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
ty he switched his subs and i got him all worked out. thx though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us