Too much for stock alt?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 398
will a re12.1 and a jl 300/2 be too much power for a stock 110 amp alt if i do the big 3 upgrade and dont push my HU past half volume 99% of the time

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1326
id say so dude

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1456
welllll its kinda hard to tell exactly but my guess would be ...yes. the big 3 upgrade should definetly help though. if i were you id get a HO alt though... or atleast another battery like a yellowtop, stinger, or batcap...

my 300/4 and 1000/1 was too much for my 130 stock alt but it wasnt a problem once i added a batcap800 ... althought im about to order a 250a alt now though...

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 401
well i already got a quote and it would be 350 bucks for a 200 alt for my car from excessive amperage, which is a decent amount of money i dont have but if i have to spend it i will

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 118
I wouldn't hesitate to run that much power on my 110A.
I have a little less power right now - ~800 class D, ~500w a/b, but it works perfectly. If I ever find some DVC 4's I can live with my sub amp will go from ~800 (2 ohms) to ~1200 (1 ohm) so 1600-1700w rms and I really don't forsee any problems.

The only wiring modification I've made is a short 8 ga from my alt to my battery, and I have a 6 year old (but big) wal-mart battery.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 215
u might wanna get a new battery (optima yellow top)

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 409
if i got a new battery with the big 3 upgraded do you think my stock alt would be able to hold the power?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 128
if there was a definite answer we'd give you one. The only way to know for sure is try it. There are people running more power with smaller alts but there are people than can't get 1000w to run on a bigger alt.

My suggestion is don't spend $100's if you don't need to. Hook it up - see what you've got.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us