Alpine 12" Type-R x2

Bronze Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Post Number: 24
Ready to buy! Finally getting myself xmas/bday gift.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ALPINE-SWR-1242D-12-TYPE-R-SUBS-SUB-WOOFERS-3000W_W0QQitem Z5846599396QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look good?

Dave

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4141
thats a super sweet deal !

i have 2 & i know u won't be dissapointed @ all ...

Bronze Member
Username: Berns231

Post Number: 11
what kind of amp are u gonna use with those? because i was thinking about getting the same subs on ebay but was not sure about the amp

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 687
you need a 1ohm mono amp for thoseor a really strong two channel and run it stereo.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I was going to a get a kicker kx 1200.1 or the orion 1200D

Those two amps are the CORRECT ones for a 1242D Alpine R correct?

Don't want to have this stuff at my doorstep to see I ordered the wrong parts!!!

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
I just hooked up my two 12" type r's (swr 1222d)with an hifonics bx1605d mono amp...they hit real nice...youll turn some heads.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yea i was thinking about getting the orion 1200d too but im not to sure if thats the right amp for 2 1242 alpine typeR subs.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_t

Post Number: 112
i got the orion 1200D to power mine but the kicker kx12oo.1 works to.. i justlike the orions looks..going for the sleeper look.. dont look to great but when its powered up it kicks @ss..thay have em up at my local bestbuy..great sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
is there any problem with hooking up the orion 1200d to 2 alpine type r subs. Because the orion will be giving 600w to each sub, bu it says each sub is rated at 500rms a piece. Will giving the subs to much power damage them in any way?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4194
naw , don't worry about it cause nearly every1 on this forum is using either a kicker or orion 1200 amp on their Rs & its working just fine ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Hey Rovin... you followed both my posts about the subs I want/AMP

I will be ok with the Kicker or the Orion and the 1242D's ya? And then have my local car shop here install everything down to 1 ohm?

Dave

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4197
yea - it will be cool

too bad ppl who have either of those amps are currently not online now so they can reasure u .

y can't u do ur own install - afraid that u will mess it up ...lol.........

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
go with the orion it is rated at 13.8 which is closer to what your car prob, puts out anyway.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
No its not that I don't think I couldn't do it myself, because I did help my friend install whats in my car now, I would just feel more comfortable with an expert doing it rather than myself.

TY - My car (99 Camry 2.2L) is having some electrical system problems. New alternator from Nathan coming soon (180A). :-)

Nice to spend the money on myself now that I don't have a biotch girlfriend sucking it away lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 707
At least your honest with yourself, i like that, hey i know quite a bit, but am never afraid to ask someone else, no on ever knows all this stuff. you will be happy with either amp, i ran oruion for ahile and like there stuff, if i had my choioce, i would get the Old Orion HCCA 2100 it is a beast..... and goes down to .5ohm. to much for those, but a great amp anyway.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
well since yo uare on and we are posting real quick...

When this new alternator comes and I take it to my mechanic... can i tell him to upgrade my "big 3" as well. And how will I need to wire these 2 R's together w/ the amp to make it a 1ohm load?

Maybe if I do get all this figured out I will attempt to do it myself. :-)

As far as the amp goes - whatever is cheaper is what I'll get. So far Kicker is cheaper @ 379.5 on ebay.... and there is only a few 1200D's but they are 400+

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
have you looked at the memphis amps, like the 1000d or the 1500d it puts out 1100w at 13.8volts, and is a top notch amp as well and the subs if dual 4 are ran in series, see 12volt.com and find subwoofer wiring in left column.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
according to the12volt.com, for 2 dual 4OHM subs they gotta be run para/para for 1ohm load unless I did the wrong thing...

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 358
in case the jumpers confuse you a little...
here's what I did:

mono amp + & - to left voice coil, jumpers to right coil ( + to +, - to -), then speaker wire from right coil to other sub's left coil, jumpers to right coil (same as above).

That's it.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 907
you might also wanna cosider the RE 12.1, it does 1200watts@12volts and is 390 shipped brand new.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 908
WTF it didn't bump it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Dustin yo uhave a link to that price/amp?

here is the picture i found on 12volt...

Upload

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 910
go to www.reaudio.com click products, then amps and its on the bottom, just click it and it gives you all the specs and im not sure on were to find the price but every1 that owns one said its 390 shipped anywhere. and your wireing is correct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us