Wiring my system into a 2ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 289
How would I wire 2 12" Fusion powerplants which are DVC 4ohm into a 2ohm load off my amp which is the Audiobahn A8002T amp. Is that amp 1ohm stable? How would i wire these subs into a 2ohm load? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1547
you can series-parallel your 2 subs to get 4ohm. then you bridge your amp and that will give you 4ohm on the amp. if i am not mistaken that amp is 800wrms x 1 at 4ohms.

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 291
ya it is 400x2 RMS@ 2ohm. 200x2 RMS@ 4ohm. 800x1 RMS@ 4ohm (Bridged). Wow chad you are gonna have to help me through that man!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1551
another option is don't bridge the amp. just connect one sub to one channel and the other sub to the other channel. since your sub is 4ohm dvc by parallel connecting each voice coil would give you 2ohms.

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 292
that is what i was gonna do! Ok so run wire from the positive on the amp to one positive side on the sub and a short wire to the other postive side. Then should i put the negative wire that comes off the amp on the same side i put the positive wire that came off the amp or put it on the oppsite side?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 646
First off that amp is only 4ohm stable bridged, and i think you would be underpowering thos subs quite a bit, since that amp will probably not see 800x1, it needs 14.4 volts...get a different amp, that is 1ohm stable....like orion 1200d

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 293
thanks anyways ty but i got it figured out! i will only be underpowering the subs 50watts rms each!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us