Will my sub blow up one day

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 212
hey guys

i have a Mb quart 15 not sure the model but the vc is one that can goe from 2-8 dual 2ohm i gues anyway its at 2ohm running by a mb quart Raa1000 which gives the sub 500 watts, by the way my sub doesnt sound as good as freind i have which has the identical setup except he has the sub that makes a 1ohm load(i blew mine) any way i cant even sit in the car for a very long time is ther alot of variables, for one he has a over 3cuft sealed box they recommend 1.5cuft and my car is huge, he has a protege is that it or would a large box help two

my question is that the sub sounds like a cricket is inside it, and i was wondering if i hook another mb quart (same vc) to make a 1ohm load (1000rms) watts will it cause my sub to blow quicker help me befor the sale at re is gone

i want sx 15 or 18 but dont feel like spending money bout to get an xbox360 cheap

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 642
if it goes from 2 to 8 it is a dual 4 sub.. and yes get another dual 4 15,

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
i already got the other sub to make a 1ohm load just dont have a box and my trunk is shaped weird its large but its not flat

can u help me out will it die on me

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1558
make a little platform so the box can sit on top of it. that way it will be flat. how is the height of your trunk?

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
the subs are too big too make a box on a platform and the hump is to huge

thats not the bulk of my question thanks for the suggestions will my subs be stressed if i give it 1000rms watss

Silver Member

Post Number: 648
your not even going to see 1000w unless you have it at 14.4 and your running 2 subs, they will be ok. it is not always the amp, but that"finger" on radio that is most peoples problems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
ok i know that i needed to run both subs to make 1ohm

but what kind of power do you think my amp will make Mb quart raa 1000 at say 13.5 i have mesuared that, but i dont know how much current is going through how can i know

i want a h.o. alt soon

Silver Member

Post Number: 650
you might see 400 or so, it will be fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
400 man what how did you come up with that number this is not sony, or audiobahn

i said MB. QUART RAA 1000

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1320
killerzracing...from wat i hear, Xbox 360's are over rated lol...just get the SX and find a 360 on ebay l8er lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
sorry 400 per sub, and besides If i remember, i was told that that amp is almost identical to the fosgate bd1000, because fosgate owned MBQuart not that long ago, either way it has to be ran at the correct voltage to see that, it may be even more, but you should be ok anyhow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
o i was bout to cry ty mutlow. as for the xbox i just want one, everyone has something to say bout it but i like it. everyones used to seeing the playstation thats what i think

a 360 on ebay when i can go buy one today for $300 plus a nfs wost wanted

as for the sx i am tired of spending money on subs, i need a ho alt now i think its pushing my electrical system a little hard i want to do a dual alt setup so i can leave my stock one hooked up and use the second for acc. like the amp and junk but the hardest part is brackets and belts

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us