The Worst Cars 2005

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 196
Ford Ranger- Price: $15,045
A four-wheel-drive Ford Ranger pickup has a two-star rollover-resistance rating. The government says a model with this rating has a 30% chance of rolling over in a single-vehicle crash.

Mazda B-Series- Price: $15,960
The B-Series is a twin vehicle to the Ranger and, as such, suffers from the same problems as the Ford

Mitsubishi Lancer- Price: $14,599
Mitsubishi's Lancer sedan has a two-star side-impact rating for the front seat.
The two-star rating means that in a typical side crash, a front-seat occupant would have a 21% to 25% chance of an injury that would require immediate hospitalization and could be life-threatening.

Nissan Sentra- Price: $13,705
Nissan's Sentra sedan has a two-star side-impact rating for the front seat.

Infiniti QX- Price: $50,300
According to Consumer Reports, Infiniti's QX SUV is the least-reliable car on the market. It is 300% less reliable than the average car.

Chrysler Sebring- Price: $20,380
According to the most recent data from the Kelley Blue Book Residual Value Guide, the Sebring sedan is the 2006-model vehicle with the lowest projected residual value.
Kelley says that after five years, a 2006 Sebring will retain only 19% of its original value.

Ford Freestar- Price: $24,595
According to the most recent data from the Kelley Blue Book Residual Value Guide, the Freestar is one of four 2006-model vehicles tied for second place on the list of cars with the lowest projected residual values.
Kelley says that after five years, a 2006 Freestar will retain only 21% of its original value.

Jaguar X-Type- Price: $32,995
According to the most recent data from the Kelley Blue Book Residual Value Guide, the X-Type is one of four 2006-model vehicles tied for second place on the list of cars with the lowest projected residual values.
Kelley says that after five years, a 2006 X-Type will retain only 21% of its original value.

Kia Optima- Price: $16,990
According to the most recent data from the Kelley Blue Book Residual Value Guide, the Optima is one of four 2006-model vehicles tied for second place on the list of cars with the lowest projected residual values.
Kelley says that after five years, a 2006 Optima will retain only 21% of its original value.

Mercury Monterey- Price: $21,995
According to the most recent data from the Kelley Blue Book Residual Value Guide, the Monterey is one of four 2006-model vehicles tied for second place on the list of cars with the lowest projected residual values.
Kelley says that after five years, a 2006 Monterey will retain only 21% of its original value.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3512
mike, what site did u get that from, and do they rank all of the cars???

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 197
http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/vehicles/- no they just have a slideshow type of thing (SWEET PICS)

BEST OF 2005
New Car That Most Lived Up To The Hype: BMW M5
Base price: $81,200
Unbelievably sophisticated technology (the bolsters on the sides of the driver's seat change their grip on you in corners) meets luxury and power in the M5 sedan. No new model introduced in 2005 surpassed the M5, which we instantly considered one of our all-time favorite cars upon our first test drive. Such regal marques as Aston Martin and Bentley make the only other 500-hp cars on the market with levels of elegance, comfort and convenience that compare with those of the M5.

Greatest Driver's Car (1): Ferrari F430
Base price: $163,845
The F430 screeches and howls and delivers terrifying results, such as zero-to-60 mph acceleration in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 195 mph. It looks beautiful, and the level of precision attained by its steering and suspension settings make for the most engaging driving experience you can have in a street-legal car. But the F430 is also civilized, thanks to nice leather on the inside, stability control (it's only the second Ferrari ever to have it) and an automatic-shifting mode on the sequential manual transmission.

Greatest Driver's Car (2): Aston Martin DB9
Base price: $155,000
Aston Martin makes another one of the world's greatest coupes, the V-12 Vanquish, which is faster than the DB9. But we chose the DB9 for our list because it, like the Vanquish, has a V-12 engine and plenty of horsepower--450 to be exact (the Vanquish does have a bit more, with 520)--but it still costs $100,000 less than the Vanquish. The Vanquish is one of the world's most beautiful cars, but so is the DB9, which has a flawless interior and exterior design. It features zero-to-60 mph acceleration in 4.7 seconds, a top speed of 186 mph and immediately delivered power and torque as well as forceful, meaty brakes, precise steering, amazing traction and--best of all--the deepest and nastiest exhaust noise in the auto business.

Most Outrageous Car Ever: Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Base price: $1,200,000
The Veyron, a million-dollar car with a 16-cylinder engine and a top speed of over 248 mph, recently went into production in France--and it's coming to the United States. In a recent phone interview, a spokesman for parent-company Volkswagen said one American dealership is talking about selling the car and that Bugatti is planning to send 20 Veyrons to the States each year. The spokesman could not provide an estimate of when the model would be available here.

Best Reason To Buy American: Ford GT
Base price: $141,245
Ford's GT flagship competes against cars that cost $300,000 to $400,000 more, such as Mercedes-Benz's SLR McLaren and Saleen's S7--and compares favorably. No, it is nowhere near as civilized as the SLR, but it is a bona fide supercar, and in terms of recent developments, it is one of the achievements of which Detroit should be the most proud. The GT uses a supercharged, 5.4-liter V-8 with 550 hp.

Best Way To Blend In With Celebrities: Bentley Continental GT
Base price: $171,285
The Continental GT has become as much a status symbol for the rich and famous as Birkin bags. Paris Hilton reportedly drives one. But we must say, considering the frequently garish tastes of celebrities, this stately British car with 552 hp and interior wood trim everywhere you look is a pretty classy choice. It's the celebs' aftermarket modifications that make their Continental GTs look gaudy.

Best Way To Make Celebrities Jealous: Lamborghini Murciélago
Base price: $285,000
The Continental GT says, "I'm rich and pretty tasteful." The Murciélago says, "For fun, I light hundred-dollar bills on fire in front of poor people." Well, that may be a bit of an overstatement. But it at least says, "I have fantasized about cars since I was a kid, and now I want my car to make you drool." As well as, "I am comfortable driving a car that is bright yellow or lime green in order to achieve that end." The severe design isn't the Murciélago's only attention-grabbing feature: With a 6.2-liter V-12 engine and a top speed of 205 mph, the Lamborghini is one of the world's ten fastest cars.

Fastest Car: SSC Ultimate Aero
Base price: $654,500
Faster than even the Veyron, the Ultimate Aero by small American manufacturer SSC has a top speed of 260 to 273 mph, according to Langley wind-tunnel calculations. It achieves such ridiculous performance with a 1,046-horsepower V-8 engine (yes, you read that hp figure correctly), which is shoehorned into a car that weighs as much as a Dodge Neon.

All-New But Still The Sub-$40,000 Gold Standard: BMW 3 Series
Base price: $30,900
In January, I test drove the new 3 Series in Spain. A writer from AutoWeek heard me raise a minor complaint about the new tail design or something and replied, "Kid, you haven't been in this business long enough; this is as good as these cars get." He was right. It's ridiculous how much sportier the 3 Series is than the average luxury sedan. And its interior is nicer than those of several cars costing twice as much. The car is all-new and looks better than ever, and it has remained a sales machine: The 3 Series has been the second best-selling luxury car in America in 2005.

The Ultimate Executive Ride: Maybach 62
Base price: $385,250
The most expensive sedan on the market is the ultimate vehicle in which to be driven. And for adventurous executives, the Maybach 62's 543-hp V-12 also makes it one of the ultimate vehicles to drive. Every superluxury feature imaginable is included, such as nearly two dozen speakers, champagne flutes and what seems like miles of rear-seat legroom. And if there's anything else you want added, Maybach can probably accommodate you.

Ultimate minivan: Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna (tie)
Base price: $25,895 (Odyssey); $24,230 (Sienna).
Chrysler invented the minivan in the 1980s--and its Dodge Caravan is still one of America's best-selling vehicles--but Honda and Toyota have perfected the form. Both the Odyssey and Sienna, when fully loaded, are luxury cars--almost pleasure-mobiles, even (check out how the Odyssey's navigation system works the Zagat guide into its maps). We live to drive Ferraris and Bentleys, but the Odyssey and Sienna are two of our favorite vehicles. The Chrysler minivans, in comparison, are still pretty nice. But they feel like they're playing catch-up. They also have some crude features, such as noisy engines.

Ultimate Pickup: Dodge Ram SRT-10
Base price: $48,505
In terms of luxury and bad-boy credibility, Cadillac's $54,000 Escalade EXT pickup has a unique place in the automotive world. But it's getting old (look for the unveiling of its replacement at January's North American International Auto Show in Detroit), and it doesn't have a Viper engine. The Dodge Ram SRT-10 does. And it's also a Dodge Ram, meaning it's one of the most venerated work vehicles on the market--right up there with the Chevy Silverado and Ford F-Series. But make no mistake: With 500 hp, this is more of a toy than a truck for pulling up stumps.

Best All-Around Wagon: Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
Base price: $83,375
Mercedes-Benz's E55 AMG wagon is the best of both worlds. As an AMG hot rod with a supercharged, 469-hp V-8, it is a screamer on the road, and it will eat the dust of no other wagon. But as a Mercedes E-Class, it is also the ultimate luxury wagon, able to transport your family in the highest of style. Then, after you drop them off, you can use it to kick a Porsche's butt.

Best-Selling Luxury Car: Lexus RX
Base price: $37,065
With 97,001 American sales in the first 11 months of 2005, the Lexus RX is the best-selling luxury car on the market.

Safest Car: Volvo S80
Base price: $38,280
Volvo's flagship S80 sedan is one of only five 2006-model cars with perfect crash-test scores from the Department of Transportation. Of the five, it is the only one with the highest front and rear crash-test scores from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. We therefore honor it as the safest car overall.

Best Hybrid: Lexus RX Hybrid
Base price: $45,355
The RX appears twice in this list--for both its regular and its hybrid versions. People who want to buy gas/electric hybrids still have few choices. Lexus, however, has created an entirely new kind of vehicle: the luxury hybrid. We like the RX Hybrid SUV because, unlike such early hybrids as the Toyota Prius or Honda Insight, it doesn't feel like a science experiment. It's based on a real car--and a great one, at that--and the battery assistance enhances the performance of an already-great engine.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3516
The SSC Ultimate Aero looks nice

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 199
haha yea- did u hear that the 2006 Chevy Impala will have a V8 engine (idk i thought it was kinda cool and the start of bigger engines in smaller cars)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3519
is that stock or SS, because i no that the SS impala have always had a V8 gas monster

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 200
SS

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3521
I heard they where going to make an SS corvette, and if they do i will sell my, truck and get it.lol

Silver Member

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 201
haha man that would be a sweet ride

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 213
if they made an ss corvetee i would push my dads camaro into a river and drive imports

those never exsited what you realy want is the zo6 vette 500hp from a 427cu small block, 7liters for some, anyway i think thats what you mean chauncey

as for the impala who cares its still front wheel drive:-(

if you want to see some supercars hear u go

http://supercars.net/

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 252
Chauncey u might kill yourself in a new Corvette!!
I know I might, lol

We are talking about the 7L hog, they did alot of test with it, its supposed to be killer than anything!

By the way its the SS Impala with the 5.0 liter V8 thats Super Charged! It has huge duel exhast...
I think its sweeet.....
And that model did get bigger than the model before!

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 253
I do hate all FORDS for some reason....
Even there newer stuff, even though they slight look better, but they still have that big ole ugly FORD stamp on all of them!

I am a GM guy! Easy to work on stuff.
But the whole American car industry needs a major come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 120
killerz u better start pushing cause they already made an SS corvette. Back in 1957 before the Corvette was an American icon it was in danger of being discontinued by GM management so to up the sales they tried to create a racing program. The car used to race with was the short-lived Corvette SS. It was a real car and it raced at Sebring in 1957. Just google it and u will find it. by the way have fun getting the water out of that camaro.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 121
hmm didnt bump for some reason..

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 457
i think the worst car for the last 4 years or however long it's been out is the chrysler PT cruiser i hate those damn things they look like a mini hearse. and the fact they have a turbo PT cruiser is a joke.
why would you need a corvette SS when the new 06 Z06 has 505 hp 0-60 in 3.9 sec they won't make an SS b/c of the Z06 that's basically the same idea for a higher performance model vette.the older impalas had a supercharged v6 as the SS they haven't had a v8 in an impala since 96.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5218
My worst of 2005:

Trucks:
Honda Ridgeline (joke), Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra (also a joke), Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon (cheap feel and crappy engine choices)

SUV/Crossover:
Honda Element, Scion Xb (both ugly), Nissan Armada (total POS)

Midsize car:
Chevrolet Malibu/Malibu Max (again a joke), Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Sebring (outdated)

Compact car:
Dodge Neon (POS)

Minivan:
Ford Freestar/Mercury Monterey (POS)

Large Car:
Ford Crown Vic/Mercury Grand Marquis/Lincoln Towncar (dinosaurs)

Best of 2005:

Trucks:
Ford F-150, Dodge Ram

Midsize Car:
Mazda 6, Chrysler 300

Minivan:
Who cares about minivans?

SUV:
Ford Explorer, Toyota 4 Runner, Jeep Grand Cherokee

Midsize Trucks:
Dodge Dakota, Nissan Frontier

Compact Cars:
Chevy Cobalt, Mazda 3, Ford Focus

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 462
very good list jonathan i agree especially the minivan part :-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3530
hey, johnathan whats wrong the the ram, and also killerz I hope he has insurance.lol

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 222
do you know why it was called an ss corvette and how it ended up on all of chevys other cars

i cant remeber if it was zora duntov or someone else, that worked on the car was asked about it being a sports car, their reply was no it's a super sports car (longest link ever)

u guys gona help me get my car out the water

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1950-19 59/1957-Chevrolet-Corvette-Zora-Arkus-Duntov-s-1280x960.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www .seriouswheels.com/1950-1959/1957-Chevrolet-Corvette-SS-Zora-Arkus-Duntov-1280x9 60.htm&h=960&w=1280&sz=206&tbnid=fzaPeHj-IQQJ:&tbnh=112&tbnw=150&hl=en&start=11& prev=/images%3Fq%3Dzora%2Bduntov%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLD,GGL D:2004-34,GGLD:en

Bronze Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 20
no by far the ugliest car is that d@m pontiac van/suv the Pontiac Aztec that sh!t is ugly looks like a darn spaceship lol why did pontiac even waste money making that cr@p.

http://www.internetautoguide.com/car-photos/09-int/2005/pontiac/aztek/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5219
"hey, johnathan whats wrong the the ram, and also killerz I hope he has insurance.lol"

Ram was on my good side of the list, it's a great truck.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3541
my bad, misread it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us