I am new to Car Audio.... Give me the 101

Username: Daniel07

Post Number: 1
I am new to Car Audio.... Give me the 101 I know basically nothing and want to know alot... i am willing to discuss and learn anything yall have to offer... I am looking to start picking up my new system this comming weekend. I will need to know what to look for, for a low price. I am not looking for competition sound just enough to make people jealous or wowed. Below is what i have to work with... I do not really have anything but a few smaller speakers so far, will need advice on what all to get that will fit.

- '93 Chevy Single Cab
- Prestige stereo :-( (not the best stereos)
- no amp
- no subs
- 2(4x6) 2(6x9) just running from CD player
- Low money

If you have any sugggestions let me know them. I also would like the 101 on the Lingo. Thanks and Let me know...

Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 450
learn about ohms before you buy anything....then you will be able to make the best combo..and save the most money..ohms are hard to understand in one explanation...but when dealing with two subs..ohms are pretty easy

bcae1.com

Username: Daniel07

Post Number: 2
What are Ohms... like i said im Audio stupid

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 168
USE this site. it tells u everything bout' car audio. www.bcae1.com

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 452
every speaker has a certain amount of ohms....it is the resistance against the power being given to the spekaer....the more ohms...the less power will get to the speaker...subwoofers are usualy 2 or 4 ohms..or 2 or 4 ohm "dual voice coil"

amps have ratings on how many watts they will push..at how many ohms...again...more power at less ohms

but this doesnt mean that u want to find a sub with 1 ohms....you can wire subs all differently to get different ohms

andf that is what helps when finding a sub/amp combo

check out bcae1.com and clik ohms on the right side...

as i said itll take a while but you will get it

and this forum really helps alot...ive learned about all i know on here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us