Would this effect the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 390
if i have my box on a flat surface, and theres a little step 3 inches high, about 5 inches from the enclosure, will that effect how the sub sounds and how loud it is?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 158
No. not a noticable diff.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 391
alright, and my next question is, if the sub is 2 feet from the back of the car, as opposed to a few inches like most setups, will this cause a difference?

Username: Lets_talk_sound

Post Number: 8
if your head is right next to a speaker/sub is it louder than if yout 2 ft away?... yes, think about it the further away the less the sound due to wind and more things blocking the sound... the 2 feet will not be that big of a difference though unless you have stuff between it that will absorb the sound.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1429
ummm thats not true. the further away my sub is from the back door it gets louder. i think it was james or sean or somebody knowledgeable that said its loudest at 1/4 of the wavelength. its is not true that the closer the sub is to an object the louder the sub will be.... i mean yes im sure if ur talking about how close it is to ur head but u dont drive in the back of ur car do you? ... should be no negative difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us