Would this be bad?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 384
i dont have any room in the trunk of my 3000GT, but i could put my back seats down and just put a box ontop of the seats when their laying down. i never ever have anyone in the back, because no one can fit. how would it sound having 2 12" SE's ported on laying on the back seat, since the bottom wouldnt be that sturdy and it would be a few feet away from the back of the trunk

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 381
i think it would soung good. i also dont think ur gonna get much answers, since its christmas. i could build u a box, if u'd want

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 382
do u have aim? my screen name is audioman92 . im me

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 385
said your offline. im MPT947, and im on aim 24/7 when im home

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 386
ok ive got some pics, the first 3 are from outside looking in, the last one is from the drivers seat back. the reason i want to put it on the seats is because when the hatch is closed, theres no room to put the subs in the back unless i make a really small sealed box with the back end lifted in the air to fit around those curves.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 387
and what effect would that little step have? the box would cover almost the entire seat, it would stop at that crease right before the cd and blue bottle, so would it block the port air or the path of the subs? should i angle the front of the box up a little bit so its angled at the glass on my hatch?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1422
i would personally do a fiberglass enclosure and have the box go back into the trunk (and also on the seats) and have the subs facing upward at the glass. make the enclosure go back as far as possible and have it be really shallow ( as deep as the mounting depth of the sub plus 2 inches) with the soundwaves boiuncing off the glass it would be the loudest and you could also make it look cool. ive got an entire ideal in my head of where the amps could lay too but its all hard to explain...

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 388
yeaaa but then how do i get an enclosure like that. i want to make it ported, im not sure about what to tune it to, probably 35hz. i highly doubt i can do this myself as my first box so im going to look around to see what prices i can get but the fiberglass idea seems expensive as sh*t

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 389
and the problem with the trunk/seat thing is because of those things that curve down.... on the ground between those 2 curves theres only 24" width, not enough for 2 12's. so it either has to be only on the trunk or only on the seat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us