Car Audio Questions...

Anonymous

im new to the whole car audio thing and i need to know a few things before i get my stuff installed.

do u wire ure amp at a certain amount of ohms? or is there an adjustment that changes it?

when u buy 4 ohm subwoofers do u have to have the amp at 4ohms?

is ure amp meant to run at 4ohms so that it's stable and has less of a load?

if the amp is giving out more than the speaker rms does it cause wear on the speakers?

thanks

Anonymous

www.the12volt.com
www.bcae1.com

Anonymous

if anyone has some quick answers for my questions please post them. ive searched all over FAQ sites and i can't seem to find anything that directly answers my questions.

thx

Anonymous

well if u can't find ur answer in dem 2 sires above

then u can't read/understand plain english ..........................................

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 731
the ohms the amp sees, depends on how you wire the subs and what ohm subs they are.
a single voice coil 4 ohm sub can only be wired at 4 ohms.
most amps will work between 2 and 4 ohms, can go higher, you just will kill the output. not a lot of amps will work below 2 ohms though or they will over heat or damage the subs.
and if the amp gives the speaker more then the speaker's RMS, it can hurt them depending on how much more and if the power is clean or not.

the sites above have just about anything you'd need to know, i'd check them out if i were you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us