Worst thing that had happened to you while installing an amplifier?

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 115
What's the worst thing that had happened to you while installing it (incorrectly or correctly).

Smoke? fire? damaged the battery? alternator? short circuit?

Username: Johnleabu

Post Number: 7
didnt hookup remote good to the stock cd player and the amp drained my moms battery lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1809
built an 8cuft box and installed a system the nite before a competition once...the lite in the truck went out and we had to wire everything up in the dark (3 am). we ended up hooking the ground and power on the amp up in reverse...it welded 1/0 cable to the amp an popped a 250A fuse.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 106
Accidentally touched the live power wire to the top of my old amp atleast twice in the manny times i messed with piece of junk. not only did it leave a huuuuge mark on top but scared the sh*t outta me everytime lol.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 810
Well, it was when I installed my HU. All four speakers worked at first, but now, the back right does not work, except for when you move the wiring harness in the back of the HU, it kicks in. That's why I'm just going to run a 4 channel amp...*sigh*.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 705
i had a capacitor weld itself to the bottom of the rear deck in the trunk, that was funny.

Username: Dtoxkustums

Santo, Tx USA

Post Number: 10
One time i was putting 3 JL 15s in a Eagle Talon and when i went to drill the hole for the power wire i drilled right through the heater core.Then when i finally got i hoked up i cranked it and shatered the back glass.

Anonymous

wel when i was installing my new legacy *crystal series* Amp and i accidentally sh!t in my pants

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3413
lol^^^

Bronze Member
Username: Yeah_toast

BIG SB South Bend, IN USA

Post Number: 24
this really has nothing to do with car audio but it is funny. alright i got my car broken in to just for a radar detector no big thats what in surace is for anywas i got my new window and then took my car to zibarts for thir tint (best in my town) well the tint guy wasnt there and this other guy said he could do it so i said go for it i got time well it ended up taking nerly hour and a half to get it and when he went to put it in he droped it on the floor i couldnt stop laughing i got them to pay for a new window and the tint was on them

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1479
"wel when i was installing my new legacy *crystal series* Amp and i accidentally sh!t in my pants"

that is funny. hahaha. rofl.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1282
Lol at every1...keep em coming, sum1 start one in the subwoofers forum

Silver Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 148
was checking for a ground and i had my mom hold the ground on a piece of metal and i started the car and she freaked when it sparked hahaha u should have seen the look on her face

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 46
a buddy of mine came by to show me his system, amp i let himm borrow, and it caught of fire in the in the floor board,we bolthbernt our hands pretty good. (no rubber grouments)

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 826
Oh, I got another one. When I turn my HU On/Off while the car is running about 15 secs. after it's on/off, the subs "boom". It's because my remote is connected directly to the + power wire, since the illum. and yellow wires wouldn't allot me to override the stock wiring for some reason.

Funny though, since it scares my mom too lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Yeah_toast

BIG SB South Bend, IN USA

Post Number: 25
all right i was helping a guy roof a house when we smelt something burning like plastic so we thought air compressor or mabe the roof but what ever we were thinking it wasnt a big deal to us until the fire truck came and forgot this richy kid was talking about its "Oh so bad system" we herd the siruns and we looked over the peak of the house and his car was ingulfed in flames the place he got it installed at didnt put a fuse on a 0 guage wire nor a gormet he almost jumped off the roof

Bronze Member
Username: Parad0x

Post Number: 31
1) I was screwing the Positive power terminal of the amplifier down with a metal scredriver, behind the back seats... anyways while I was screwing it down the tip of the metal screwdriver accidently touched the strut bar. Scared the sh1t out of me, as my face was 5 cm's from the spark which made it appear even bigger then it really was.

2) Was installing amp in a old datsun 510, battery was in the trunk and I was working in the dark. I had to remove the terminals off the battery, and when went to put the terminals back on, I reversed them.. 30 seconds or so passed before I noticed smoke coming out of the hood.. As I popped the hood a huge mushroom of smoke smoked its way upwards. It was the result of lotsa wires being melted with the plastic surroundings on fire.. took me a whole day to rewire everything in the engine bay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us