Best sub for me?

Username: Bigd25x

Michigan

Post Number: 3
i had 2 RE Audio 12" SE's in a sealed box fully powered, they were NICE but they got stolen. I wanted it to be just as loud if not louder but 1 15" or 1 12" i was thinking XXX 15" in a sealed box for SQ cause i dont like ported. i was also thinking of the high end audiobahn immortal, also thinking of a Diamon D0 but i dont know if thats enough. Also heard good things about JL. anyone have any opinions for me?

Michigan

Post Number: 4
Diamon D0 = Diamond D9 lol

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 220
if you got the patience , wait for the new xxx

Michigan

Post Number: 6
how long and whats changeing? ne idea on the price? im looking into get 2 of the Audiobahn Ultra Excurtions right now, i just want somethign incredibly loud with a nice tight hard hit that will be good in a sealed box, and that doesnt need TOO much power.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 872
how much power do you have or want to use, i'd look into eclipse ti, it only needs 600-800watts and would get pretty loud in a sealed box.

Michigan

Post Number: 7
well i dont have ANYTHING right now besides my Sony MDX Cd Player, id probley buy either a 1400 or 1600 HiFonics amp.. so like somewhere around there, how much are eclipses? i want atleast 1000RMS, i want it atleast as louda s my old stuff.. but im shooting for good clear quality with tight hard hits..

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 796
Well you won't get that with Audiobahns...they take a lot of power to get moving, and sound like po-op.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 280
they r also underrated

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 801
Audiobahns are OVERRATED. Not underrated. Geez, let's not start the Audiobahn Wars again...

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 284
thats what i meant. lol

Silver Member

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 230
lol ^

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 287
whats audiobahn wars?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3973
about 5 mths ago some guy posted AB was the best thing ever but he did it 2 piss ppl off - his plan worked cause that thread had almost 140 posts ....

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3266
but they are some of the best spl subs for the price...
*cheap as hell*

Michigan

Post Number: 8
so... lets rule audiobahns out? give me somemore thought\ideas? Elemntal Designs used to be good but there a little expencive these days.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 270
do you have aho alt or are you planning on getting a ho alt cause if your gonna run 1000 rms then you need one

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 295
2 12 alpine type Rs

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4009
some1 posted TREO subs were super durable & have good SQ - so check those out too ......

Bronze Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 56
would it hurt to run more then the rms of 250 to a 15 memphis PR-154D like maybe 350wrms

Michigan

Post Number: 9
well my car can fully power em it wont hurt, so where can i see TREO subs? and how much are type r's i heard there pretty nice, but are they loud enough? do they hit hard?

Michigan

Post Number: 10
anyone??

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 12
come on guys, gimmie some choices, i got $300 for christmas, i kinda wana get some stuff but im sooo stumped.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 13
ok heres some stuff ive thought about...

AUDIOBAHN AW1205N 12" 2 of them, there 1000RMS each, would they sound good at all tho? i know there for SPL but is the SQ good? if i did a small sealed box and stuff (remeber i want fast hard hits)

RE Audio XXX 12 or 15 (In a sealed box) fully powered (i dont know how much they are gona be or when the new line comes, ne ideas?)

Diamound Audio D3's 2 12" In a sealed box

Diamound Audio D9 1 12 or 15 in a sealed box

AlphaSonik 12" ALPHA 600 SERIES 2 Of these in a box (there new)

Alpine 12" Type R's, 2 in a sealed box.

This is what i came up with so far.... guys let me know ANYTHING.

I want "FAST TIGHT AND HARD HITS" Both SPL and SQ!

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 14
anyone..........come on guys........................ ^^^^^^^^^^^ READ THAT!!!

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 16
bump

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 368
audiobahn subs have the worst sq, the r's give you a nice blend of both

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3536
if u dont want to wait get the d9's they have a good mix of spl and sq

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 18
like i dont know if 1 sub will make me happy, ive never ran just one. i really wana wait for the XXX and get a 15 or a 12, but i have no idea how much its gona cost. also people are talking about the Treo TSI subs, they loud?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 879
out of your choices i would take the xxx,D9,type r's in that order, but i would also consider the eclipse ti, or RE sx, i don't know much about treo but from what i've heared they are very good subs and get pretty loud.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 19
well the RE:SX's are too expencive, and 1 of thouse wont please me. the Eclipse Ti's are kinda pricey too, i could get 1 15" i never heard them, they clean? also Orion H2's i heard are really nice, but how is the SQ?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 882
if the sx is too exspensive, then the ti is way too exspensive, but the ti will be about the same loudness as the sx only it will sound a lot better, i don't really know anything about the orion.

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 371
i wish i could afford a ti

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3537
"but the ti will be about the same loudness as the sx only it will sound a lot better"

The ti is no where near as loud as an sx.lol

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 883
what, ya it is subfanatic had one 15 with 600watts and was hittin like 146 or something close in a neon, and isn't marshall only hittin 148 with 1 15inch sx and 1200watts.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3539
its more than just the sub and the amp. install, car freq, mic placement., etc. people can hit those types of numbers with audioburns, and lanzar. Also i dont no if i believe what subfanatic says, he stole some peoples money, on this forum and randomly pops in and say stuff.lol

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 886
ya i wouldn't beleive much of what subfanatic says but just figured i would say it, and install is everything so it can be done to get a ti louder than a sx, but the ti would murder the sx in sq.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 395
just wondering, unless your just looking for something different, why dont you just get 2 more SE's? youve already got a box for them, and the group buys on for a few more days

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 396
and just kidding about the box part, forgot about the whole stolen thing, and its unlikely they took out the subs and left the box :-x

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4150
i own 2 Rs & really like them , good sq & gets loud - so i can vouch 4 them

if i had 2 buy any of the others u listed , i wouldn't mind trying 2 Diamond D6 cause its said 2 be very good SQL ...........

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 392
im thinking what matts thinking , why dont u just get 2 more se's?

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 403
bump

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3997
what is the sq like in the re line entry level are they any good

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 20
well i would get 2 more RE:SE's but i want something a little more. and i kinda want something diffrent. they were loud and had great sound but i want a little louder.

Anyone heard anything about the AlphaSoniks i listed about? i saw a video of em and it looks like the excursion on thouse are nuts. and does anyone have a guess on when\how much the XXX is gona cost?

Silver Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 163
the re xxx will cost alot more than the sx, unless ur talking bout the component, u can get the sx 15 for 240 before dec 31, and thatll b plenty loud and sound good, id go w/ that if i were u, ull hav to get a new amp tho, but it should b worth it

Username: Khack

Topeka, Kansas United states

Post Number: 2
hey man audiobahn sucks and i mean they suck, thay are not good for any low bass hits, i'd rath get boss than audiobahn thats how much they suck to me!

Username: Khack

Topeka, Kansas United states

Post Number: 3
hey if you want good subs jl audio or mtx is the way to go!

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 909
Alphasoniks suck plain and simple, the new xxx i heard will be about 100 more than the old xxx, and it should be out by the beging of next year. and the eclipse ti has over 2inches of excursion,fyi.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 21
so rule out audiobahns, alphasonicks, and i know the SX line is loud, but i couldent aford 2 and 1 is only 1000RMS and i wont more then that :-\. now how much was the old XXX?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 920
hmmmmm im really not sure i think it was around 340-360, somewhere in there pretty sure its in the mid 300 dollar mark.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 22
thats not bad, if the new one is about the same im pretty sure thats the way i wana go. but just incase i wana think of other options, do the type r's get loud? like if i got 2 Alpine Type r 12's in a sealed box would it be just as loud as my 2 RE:SE's i had in a sealed box?

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 408
if you wanted a little louder, just get 2 SE's in a ported box, unless your tight on room

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 928
imo the type r's are way overrated, there good budget subs but people that have heard both say the se's own the type r's in sq but they're about the same spl wise.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 23
hmm thats interesting, well the thing about the SE's i want a little more power (with quality tho) and i dont like ported period, never did never will. and im limited on space. and i just want something diffrent. i wana be able to hit every note on Ludacris - blue berry yum yum and like young jeezy - trapstar. stuff like that. so that might even require a 15, but would like a 15" XXX still have good quality and have tight hard hits?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 929
from what i heard the new xxx will be pretty good, have to wait and see though. i still think you would be more than happy with one 15inch eclipse ti and about 1200watts, it would have about the same sq as the se's but would probaly be a lot louder.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 24
really, i was looking at them, they look like very nice subs, but i dident think 1 would be louder. you ever acctuly heard one? i dont know if i could fit a 15" my car (firebird hatchback) im thinking its a possiblity. but if not how are the 12

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 25
ps, are you talking about a regular Eclipse Ti 15? the non pro version? cause it says they only handle 750RMS?? is that a joke?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 940
they are very nice talk to jake hill he is the expert when it comes to eclipse subs, i've heard from people that the ti can handle 1000-1500 watts perfectly, i wouldn't reccomend giving it 1500watts though.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5248
It'll take 1500.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 946
are you talking about burps or daily, cause im pretty sure it could handle it for burps but idk about daily driveing, i know i wouldn't chance it.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 26
talking daily, i have a 1500Watt HiFonics amp, could i give it like 1300watts ish daily? i thought i almost made my decistion :-\

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 27
anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us