SX 12" Box HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Ruxpin20

DeTroiT, MIchiGan

Post Number: 23
Okay since alot of you people on here have a SX 12" sub im sure you guys know how to build a box for it and what hz to tune it to.

this is the first time i have ever built a box and i wanna give it a try.

If you could tell me the specs on the dimentions and the port size i would greatly appreciate it. If anyone has a link to some pictures of a box build i would appreciate that also. I need as much help as i can get. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 45
reaudio.com click on tech

use 3/4 MDF
glue to peaces of mdf together for the front where you cut out the circle for the sub (theres a word for it but i cant remember)

i built my box for 25.00

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 46
u probably wanna make sure it will fit in your car cause i have a buick and i thought my trunk was huge but haha the box barely fit!

also i would use liquid nails or something like it

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 284
www.bcae1.com #110 they have a pretty good guide to building a box. read it over a couple times. i have my SX12 in a 1.9 tuned to 32 like specs say and i love it. alot of it depends on what your looking for and what you listen to, do you want it just really loud, like mostly rap? in which case youd probably want to make it slightly bigger, say 2.5-3 cu. ft. tuned to 34. this would be louder than mine but you sacrafice some sound quality, which doesnt really matter with rap anyway. i think mine is a pretty good balance of spl and sq.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruxpin20

DeTroiT, MIchiGan

Post Number: 25
Does anybody have pictures of thier setup? or pictures of the build? If not im gonna do that and post it on cardomain to maybe help someone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us