Decent system for girlfriend

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 349
my girlfriend is interested in putting a little something in her firebird. she isnt looking to spend a lot of money, $350 tops, but already has a nice HU and upgraded speakers. she listens to mostly alternative and screamo/punk/rock music. the 2 12" VMAXs in my truck were too much for her little ears to handle so she isnt looking for massive bass, just a well balanced sounding system.

my thoughts were:

1 10" vega VMAX (SVC 4ohm) or Kicker CVR (dual 4ohm)

running off Alpine MRP-M350 (350 @ 2ohms, 200 @ 4ohms)

her dad and i would build the box, and we would order the wires from knukonceptz. would these subs sound alright for the bass guitar and fast drum beats that her music plays? any input would be great, thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3193
i would go infinity kappa perfect on that alpine amp, that would sound great

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3801
agreed ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ..........

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 350
ya i was thinking the same when i was brainstorming, but it looked to be a tad bit out of her price range ($210 on onlinecarstereo.com). im sure i could find one on eBay for a pretty reasonable price though. have you guys heard just the Kappa? Infinity Kappa 100.3dvc http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11740 looks pretty decent, im just stoked that shes interested in gettin SOMETHING put in her car, turns me on =) haha

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 47
hopefully u get a little something out of the deal

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3203
It is very attractive, if u dont mind ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/INFINITY-KAPPA-PERFECT-10-1-10-CAR-SUBWOOFER_W0QQitemZ584054 1188QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 355
ya, i really wish there were more DVC 4ohm subs on the perfects on ebay. every one i look into is SVC 4ohm..id like to get the full 350watts out of that amp i need a 2ohm load =\ hopefully one will pop up

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3209
do u already have the amp

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 357
no, we havent ordered anything yet. the amp type and woofer type can be changed just looking for the same quality and around the same price. this is deffinity an SQ system setup so i know the perfect 10.1 would be ideal, got another amp in mind for it chauncey?

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1391
Check here

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=14&mfg_accou nt_ID=5&category_id=23
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us