is there any advanteges ?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 326
im pretty sure it can, but im not sure

jarred
Unregistered guest
i was wondering becuase the use less watts or at least there rated at less so i wouldnt need a big amp

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3791
if its a 8 ohms svc like most home subs are then its gonna be real tough to get a car amp cause most car amps work from 4 ohms & less ......

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 108
This is funny because I was thinking about this just tonight. How about a powered home sub and just plug it into a power inverter. Then run the RCA's to the HU. I don't know how good that would work, but i'll just throw that out there for you to ponder.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiowizard69

Post Number: 63
that would work cuz i tryed an aiwa 10 inch powered sub and it actually sounded good. it had good bass.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4395
yes they will work, like rovin said it really depends on whether or not your amp will support a 8ohm load if thats what the subs impedence is. A sub in an enclosure is going to put out the same output with 100 watts in a house or in a car but with different effects due to cabin gain and cars natural frequency tuning. Ascendant Audio Atlas and Avalanche were orig built for home audio but thay became big in the car audio business when they started using them for such. If you have a 10in home audio sub that has a rms rating of 150 watts lets say in its orig enclosure rated at 4ohms there is no reason you can't put that sub in your car.

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 245
wht not just parallel 2 8 ohm home subs and match the watts to a car amp @ 4 ohms,simple.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us