Question

blondechic
Unregistered guest
I have a db drive Pd1200.1 amplifier and I need to get all its 1200 watts into one ohm. It has 2 positive and 2 negative terminals. I want to know how I can get all its power into a dual 2 ohm sub. Is there a way I can wire it to get it all out or is this impossible? I need to get it all out because the sub is a 12" Sx. 1000 wrms.
Thnx.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3122
wire it in parallel

http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=1&impedance_of_subs=4% 2520ohms

blondechic
Unregistered guest
yes I know if I wire it in parallel I'll get a 1 ohm load. What I don't know is in which two terminals should I put the wire that comes from the speaker. The amp says that I cannot put lower than 2 ohms on one pair of terminals. Can I put one positive voice coil wired with one Positive terminal, then 1 negative voice coil with one negative terminal, and do the same with the other two but with the remaining terminals? Or what could happen if I do this?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3134
so ur amp has 2 positive and 2 negative terminals??, if so it is still a mono amp, they put 2 on there to make wiring two subs easy, but if ur amp is not 1 ohm stable u cant do it, btw register

blondechic
Unregistered guest
I think it is 1 ohm stable. I used to have two 10" L7's Dual 4 ohm wired in parallel. The amp says it is wired in parallel internally. I don't know if this helps.

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5081
Blondechic, from what your manual is saying, it looks like your amp is 2ohm stable, not 1ohm.
Check your manual carefully. Somewhere in there, it will tell you exactly what the minimum ohm requirement is.
If you want to test your amp, then take each VC and connect the pos and neg to one terminal and the 2nd VC to the other terminal. If your amp is really 1 ohm stable, then it will power up without going into protection mode.

blondechic
Unregistered guest
ok thank you very much for helping me out. I really appreciate it that you all answered so quickly. Thank you Chauncey and you too Isaac.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us