How to hook up speakers

Bad_Azz_Bowtie
Unregistered guest
2 dual 4 ohm massive audio Ref series subs. hooked to a 1500.1 massive audio amp. what is your recommended way to run these?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5053
Wire each sub in parallel for 2ohms, and then in series with each other. That should give you 4ohms resistance.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3769
Isaac - great to see u back on the forum !

Alot of ppl are looking out to ask u your opinion ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5055
Thanks, I moved last month and couldn't get the internet in the new area till now.

Bronze Member
Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 86
How do you do that Issac? Wire the subs paralell then wire them in series together. You lost me, I guess.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5069
With dual VCs, they have 2 connectors per side. Connecting them in parallel will lower the resistance by half. In series, they will add.
Therefore, for 4ohms DVC, each sub in parallel will equal 2ohms. Now, both in series will give you 4ohms (pos to neg).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
So, you are wiring pos(+) to pos(+) and neg(-) to neg(-) on each speaker. Then you are coming off the amp's pos(+) terminal and going to the neg(-) of each speaker then from the neg(-) of the amp to the pos(+) of each speaker. Is this right?? Sorry for all the q's but I want to make sure I understand this.

THanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5072
Correct on your first question, pos to pos and neg to neg on each speaker/sub. Then take pos from one sub and connect it to neg on the 2nd sub. Now use the connectors left from each sub.
Amp's neg goes to neg on one sub, and amp's pos to the other sub's pos.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Got ya!! Thanks alot, it's easy to understand now that it's explained!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us