Constant bass PLEASE HELP!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Lilbuck12

Post Number: 27
I have had my subs in for a while and they have been workin just fine. Now all of a sudden they are making this constant bass and i dont know why. Sometimes its quiet then it will get really loud and its very annoying. I checked all my wiring and didnt see anything wrong. PLEASE HELP!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Can somebody please help me...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1335
did you mess around with the gain?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Nope i did all that when i put it in almost a year ago. Now all of a sudden its makin this noise. I'll try turnin the gain down a little bit though

Anonymous

bass is good! i like bass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
yea except when ur gettin constant bass when no music is playing

Anonymous

yeah dude your subs are dead. buy some pyramid subs. they rock!!!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2692
Either you need to change the RCA's to that amp or have the amplifier switched out for another one. I had a simliar problem with an older MTX amp.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2694
ALso check for a bad ground. That is also a good place to start.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 662
Constant bass = short circuit.

If you take a RCA cable that is plugged into your amp and touch the center plug and the outer ring (on the other end) at the same time your body acts as a conductor, and therefore short circuits the RCA's. This will cause your amp to freak out, and your subs will humm annoyingly.

This may be the same type of humm you may be hearing. Try and twist the RCA's just a little.

It may also be inteference between your RCA cables and other power wires. Re-route the RCA cables so that they are away from any power wires.

Bronze Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 78
are you running your subs to a stock stereo? if you are then i can help you because my brothers car did the same thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Well its not the RCA because when i unplugged the RCA from the amp it still made the noise. The amp is only about 6 months old. I will try regrounding. Any other suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Ok not its not a stock stereo... forgot to answer that one. I regrounded, RCA's are nowhere near any power wires, twisted the RCAs, and im still gettin it. Could there possibly be a problem with the cap? Also, i have a convertible mustang that leaks a very little bit. Well i went through the carwash a couple days ago is it possible maybe water somehow got into or on the amp? I check the carpet in the trunk but ididnt feel any moisture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us