Whats wrong with them?

AnOnYmouse
Unregistered guest
I have 2 12's in a ported box facing each other they are fine but sometimes it will like pop and just make noises when I hit the brake or accelerate or just driving at a steady speed and sometimes it will just start distorting when i turn the bass boost all the way up but when i turn it back down its fine only at a certain point it distorts but I've checked all the connections at least 3 times and I don't know whats wrong

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 287
im not quite sure, but i think its your amp, your not over workin it, your jsut gettin it to the max RMS on it, so the subs can't do much more work but they are receivin more energy, nothings wrong its just get a more powerful amp, that happend with my subs and amp

AnOnYmouse
Unregistered guest
but my amp is 2000 watts and my subs are 2000 wp

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3095
what kind of amp and sub do u have

AnOnYmouse.
Unregistered guest
i thought it was the amp too cuz it has a remote bass boost and i unplugged if from the amp and the distortion was worse at one time but for the last couple of days it hasnt been like that

AnOnYmouse
Unregistered guest
Lanzar Vibe268 amp and Audiobahn ALUM12N's

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 102
do you have a stock alternator

AnOnYmouse
Unregistered guest
Yes I just replaced it about 3 weeks ago the other one died its still stock though

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 103
ya it might be that get a ho alt possibly could be the problem it prob has tomuch strain on the alt and then it cant put out the power you need so it shuts off the amp or it will just distort it and make weird noises and when you stop yuo lose power so it running lower.also the alternator that you have know will most likely die soon and you will need a new one again so just get a ho alt just my opinion cause i have the same prob but i am getting a new car soon so im not spending the money on a new alternator now

AnOnYmouse
Unregistered guest
thank you

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 225
charlie what happens if u get a ho alternator and dont use it will it cause any problems? i plan on getting one when i get enought money cause im gona end up needing one when i get done with my car

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 104
i have no idea neva used one

Silver Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 105
i just no it wil kill ur alt if u dont get a a ho one i can tell mines getting weaker everyday but hopefully ill have a brand new car soon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us