Alternator rebuilding

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 812
Ok, so as many people know I have the Kicker 450.2, 2 RE12 subs in a sealed box with 1.25 cubic feet per sub. I talked with some guys at Auto Zone and this very reputable guy builds alternators for 1$ per amp. The total draw of my system will be only about 80 amps or so but I want a little room in case I ever want to do something like a 600-1200 rms amp. More like 800 to 1000 RMS though realistically. I am thinking of a 150 amp alternator? I don't need anything too big by any means. If I did get that, what would you all recommend. Saving my money for college and stuff (kinda needed but not a whole lot) or upping my amp and subs a step or 2 up? Something like a crossfire 1000D and 2 RE SE's. Keep in mind I will have a total of about 200rms power to a pair of Kappa component speakers so I don't want to overpower them. I might just keep my current setup. What do you think, and is it a good deal on the alt?

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 139
how many amps does your car pull but i think its a a good deal for a $1 and amp your high output alts are going to cost $200 and up depending on make and model

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 91
That is a pretty good deal, about the going rate. I'd get a 180-200A alternator to give you a little more room. I'm going to shoot for a 400A for myself..

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3875
heck I might be intrested in a guy like that lol

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 813
actually, on my way home from school today I decided that the 2 RE12's and its respectable amp are PLENTY! I had to tighten my body to prevent the pressure from collapsing my lungs lol. I do need to fix a couple things. Anyways, I will have a Kicker 250.2 powering the speakers (40 amp fuse, but not running at full tilt so 20-25 amps) and a 450.2 (60 amp fuse, occasionally runs at full tilt) all being run off an 85 amp alternator... As you can see that is a slight problem. I am thinking of a 130 or 140 amp just to allow a little bit of headroom.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us