160db???

Username: Thefillmeups

Post Number: 1
i was woundering what you would recomend if i wanted to hit around 160db. I have a huge trunk so space is not a issue and i pretty much dont have a price limit. I was just woundering what u all thought was the best way to hit that.
thank you

Anonymous

3 JL 13W7's or 15 adire brahmas with 3 JL 1000/1 amps for each sub in either of the sets and put the subs in a nice size ported box and tune the port to somthing under the recomendation of the specs like 26hz my assumption would be near or at 160db depending on the vehicle

in any case 160 db is hard to hit and my hats off to you if you do but expect to dish out the cash to get there

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2458
yeah I was actually going to say 4 13W7 subs with matched 1000/1 amps
*laugh*

Unregistered guest
no way
none of those can hit that. 160's are huge: you need a onyx monster 15 with like 4 mark antony amps. Or get 2 15 dd's with a nice cross over amp.
your gonna need a solid 15 with a good amp but its gonna cost ya. if you want to hit 160's your gonna throw out some cash. w3's are loud but not that load. my friend has a geo peace of crap and hes got 9 jl audio w7's with 7 amps. it hit 157 so have fun with that. i personanally have 2 15 inch eclipse titanium pros and 1 10 inch eclipse titanium. I hit a 153 and thats loud. not many people have heard one as loud. I have 2 mark anthony 2000 watt amps and and eclipse 7 1/2 lcd screen

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 508
mat u stupid as crap man lol

1 13w7 can hit 150 dB in a vented box....4 can probly hit near 170 dB in the right accomidations

Anonymous

ahh no way, what about the mtx RFL? This sh1t will blow all that sh1t away out from the water.

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
i think 4 18" strokers or 4 18" RE X-X-X would take anything out....

4 18" strokers hit 174.3 dB so dont give me ur crap

Yeah I Said It
Unregistered guest
Mtx Rfl, lol. Mtx sucks! W7's could do it easy. Just like bacon said

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2555
one 13W7 is rated to put out 147dB, which is pretty respectable.
two of them, with matched amps would add at least +6dB, so we'll say a conservative 153dB at least.
remember each sub adds +3dB, and each time you increase the power by adding another amp of teh same size, effectively doubling teh power going from one to two amps, you're adding another +3dB

Yeah the strokers or RE subs would be a good bet too
Look at the Zapco Competition C2K4KW amplifiers to drive those, too.
the zapco amps are insane. each one has *two" of the C2K9.0X 2Kwatt amps built into one chassis, and runs $6,500 per amp.
They are amazing amps though
dash mounted display to show the amplifiers' voltage rails, teh line voltage, amp temperatures, power output, and more.
each amp is completely computer controlled and you can set exactly how much power teh amp will deliver to teh subs, allowing you to match the power to your subs and not cause them damage.
the amp is completely customizable.. that thing is a work of art.
It also uses 16 volt balanced inputs from their symbilink DIN cables and signal processors and preamps.

Put one of those 4kilowatt amps on each of youor quad coil RE subs and see what happens :-)

ok, enough dreaming.. back to the real world of jobs, and prices.

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
rofl....

wow...

couldnt you get a sponsorship from zapco with $24,000 invested in their amps?

...or from cerwin vega/RE for that matter? hehe

man 4 18" triple X's - pounding their hardest....im wetting my pants hehe :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
sorry $26,000+
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us