What kind of car sounds better

mumfeezee
Unregistered guest
what kind of car sounds better an suv or a car with a large trunk? im buying a new car and want to find the best one for my system i got two rockford 15s. i had a small compact that the trunk wanted to open up on its own. will a big trunk cut down on the viberations and a suv has a big open space for the sound to travel. so what should i get a suv or a cadillac

Username: Rswan

Post Number: 6
my friend had a 4 runner with 2 15in phoenix gold xmax's and his system was so loud you could here him from a mile away. i also have a friend who has a crownvic with 2 L7's which is loud as hell too, however the crownvic vibrates like no tommorow. so i would think the extra air space in the cab of a suv allows more to travel eliminating hardcore vibrating, i could be wrong though

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 45
subs sound much better in anything that has a hatchback, such as SUV's. the seats in cars with trunks tend to drown out a lot of bass, and trunks do tend to rattle excessively. SUV's will also rattle, so i would recommend using some Dynamat Extreme over the entire vehicle, and a couple layers in the back where the subs are.

Anonymous

how about a cadillac suv...best of both world...lol

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 125
an suv would sound better because there is more room for the speakers to develop a more solid wave and there is no walles to filter out higher bass tones

Username: Bwhodidit

Post Number: 2
a suv is alwayz better if you want more for you money because you get a lot more do to the air in it but it is my persona fave to do pic-up truck cabs

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2459
I'd go hatchback myself.
probably why I'm looking at a tiburon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us