Re SX vs. Mtx 7500's

resxresx
Unregistered guest
Ok this is my problem, I have a friend that won't shut up about his system that he just got. He says it's the loudest thing in the world. He has a couple of 12" mtx 7500's powered by a memphis 1100.1 amp. Right now I have a single 10" L7 in a 2.25 cubic foot ported box tuned to 38 htz and it gets very loud but his is a little louder. I am thinking of buying a single 12" or 15" Sx. I know that the 15 will get a lot louder but I really want it to be a 12" because the box will not occupy that much more space. Can the Sx get louder than the two 7500? Or should I just go with the 15". All I really want is for him to stop yapping his mouth about his system all the time.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 174
sx is better

resxresx
Unregistered guest
will the sx 12 get louder than the 7500's or should I get the 15. the box will be ported to re's specs.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 177
forget mtx dude. re sx would kill the mtx. i heard 2 mtx 7500 15's in a audioshop. they didnt impress me at all. 5 seconds later i heard 2 12" alpines right next to the mtx subs, and the alpines dominated. and the sx is better than alpine. DONT buy the mtx subs AT ALL

resxresx
Unregistered guest
im not planning on buying the mtx's i don't like them. that is why i want to purchase a better sub that is louder than those two 7500's. but my question is if 1 sx 12 will get louder than those two 7500's or should i go ahead and buy the 15 sx.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 310
lol dont mention MTX 7500 and SX in the same post.

the SX will destroy the MTX. You could get a 12", power it properly, and put it in the right box and it would blow his MTXs away. If you have the room, go with the 15"! $240 shipped. Give it 1000-1200w, 3.5-6ft^3 tuned 30-35hz and you will be very happy.

resxresx
Unregistered guest
ok thank you very much I do have the space for the 15 but I think that I am going with the 12 anyways, I won't have to lose more space in my truck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us