Truck Boxes

Username: Typerrr

San Luis Obispo, Ca USA

Post Number: 1
I've noticed a lot of interest in subwoofer enclosers, but not a lot said about regular cab trucks. With the growing popularity of large subwoofers in small trucks, I thought it might be interesting to discuss these boxes. Anyone with blueprints, suggestions, experience, or advice feel free to post. Any suggested boxes/blueprints for a 12" woofer in Regular Cab Full Size Chevy, Ford, Dodge.......???

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 173
i have a single cab f150. I have 3 alpine type s's. I just used a sealed angle box...im too lazy to make a box lol

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 115
you have to include ext cabs and dual cabs if you want to cover all trucks

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 122
same with me. i have a reg cab sonoma. first i tried to make a box for my 10" se, and it turned out to big so now i have that sitting around. but now i have 2 8" RE re's in two sealed angle boxes that i bought off ebay for like $50.00 for both. sounds good

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5019
Not a lot to be said. You cram as much enclosure as you can back there, fiberglass is your friend in this case.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 313
non extend cab trucks don't have alot of cancellation and really high resonant frequencies, they work out great with a pair of 10's sealed and some good power running to them. I recommend as many 10's as you can fit behind the seat comfortably and give them nice power you're set. Truck systems usually sound downright awesome when set up right.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 327
im pushing 2 12" vega VMAXs behind the seat of my 91' GMC single cab running off a JBL600.1 sounds pretty damn good. its got great SQ and hits hard as well. might be switching to an etx. cab ford ranger so im considering a larger ported box for a change. i would think that it would it would sound a whole lot better with all that room in the extra cab. directly behind the seat facing towards the front of the truck would almost muffle the sound since its firing into a soft surface wouldnt it? cant wait to see the differenfce

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 320
You're going to want to aim the new vented enclosure towards the rear of the cab and get it pretty close to the back wall (how the boxes usually end up anyways). Single cab trucks are good about not causing cancellation because the sub box sits right against the back of the cab and the box is thin so the back wave doesn't cancel the sound coming from the front of the sub, instead they stay pretty in phase. With the extend cab sound waves will move foward and backwards from the subs so if it's aiming foward the sound waves will cancel each other somewhere because of the time difference in the sound moving back and bouncing foward and the sound moving foward and bouncing back. The seat doesn't really muffle the sound, only way it could do this is if it was actually mechanically touching the sub. The jump up to a ported enclosure will give you a big gain, the extend cab truck will have a lower resonant frequency than the single cab so that should take advantage of the ported boxes tuning a tad better than the single cab. Overall I'd say you'll be happy with the results.

slay
Unregistered guest
I have two ten inch alpine type e subs and im looking for info on box style. It has to be an angled truck box but how much air space should be allowed?

slay
Unregistered guest
I have two ten inch alpine type e subs and im looking for info on box style. It has to be an angled truck box but how much air space should be allowed?

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 101
I don't have anything yet :-( . Ordered two RESX15"s and two RE8"s for my truck. It an 01 Silverado Ext Cab, pulled the back seat out to be replaced with a huge downfire ported box. Box is going to be tubed creating a rounded surfuace for better air compression, but also creating an empty spot in the top of the box which the two RE8"s will be placed for mids. Everything will get sound deadened including inside of the box. Tuning will most likely be 32Hz. I'll be sure to take pictures as soon as the box is done. Have to wait for the subs to get here on the 21st though anyway :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us