Lotta spl, some sq, and about 400 bucks

Bronze Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 89
what subwoofer(s) could i get for 400 that people could hear me from far away? what about 2 type r's? What is the loudest i could get and what is a loud one w/ decent sq? price is important but i wanna be heard most of all. i want some that people can FEEL and hear from far off. also, what is alpine's website?

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 166
www.alpine-usa.com
type r's are very good and wont cost you the full 400 you would still have some left to put towards the amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
i was looking at a type r 12" dual 2 ohm or a 15" dual 4. which of these is better, louder? also, would it b louder than an avalanche, or maybe a kicker L5? name some woofers that it's louder than and name some it isn't (also, could i hav the max known spl for this sub?)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1786
i know that some guy did ~149db w/ a 2500w burp w/ type-r 15".

this was in a strickly SPL install...a 1 note wonder. (not for day use)

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1359
Is 400 your total budget or just for the subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
well... im not quite sure yet, i gotta c how much i get 4 christmas... if its my total budget wut should i get and if its my subs wut should i get? also, dual 2 ohm 15", dual 4 ohm 15" or dual 2 ohm 12"?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 286
it depends on what amp you want to get for the ohms. 1 dual 2ohm sub = 1 ohm. 1 dual 4 ohm sub = 2ohm. 2 dual 2 ohm = 2ohm. 2 dual 4ohm = 1ohm.

You can also wire in higher ohms like 4 and 8 but with a small amount of money its a waste of power.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2882
go l7's

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1362
Is this gonna be off a stock Head Unit or aftermarket?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
if i had 2 dual 2 ohm subs couldn't i get it down to .5 ohms? also, which type r sub should i get or should i go w/ kicker or something else? also, wut amp would i use w/ each and wut size box? do type r's hav good sq? so i could port it and make it louder? also, do L7's have BAD sq but great spl or are they ok sq but great spl or wut?

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 288
When going to .5ohm it usually only for burps. I can honestly say ive never heard of anyone running there system off .5ohm daily. Also its hard to find amps that go under 1ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
its not stock... also, i meant to ask about that. its a JVC kds670 i think. i havnt played any cd's on it for like 2 years.... at one point it didnt play certain burnt cds, but now it doesn't play any cd, it says there's not one in. i havent played a cd in it for a while, wut do u think the prob is?

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 289
maybe ask in the HU forum...they will be more help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
well ne wayz my friend has 2 lanzar 12's and another one of my friends has a poweracoustik sub thats sensitivity is 90 so since the type r is 89, which will b louder?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
also, which is louder, the kicker l7 15" or the 15" type r? the l7 sensitivity is 88.5 and 2000 watts max and the type r sensitivity is 89 db and 2000 watts. this should make the type r louder, but i always thought kicker was the loudest behind digital design

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 183
dont worry about the max...look for the rms ratings.... kicker is 1000 watts and alpine is 750

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2931
the l7 would should get louder, but the r will get loud to with better sq

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 136
can u get on aim chauncey?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
wut about 2 type r's and one l7, both 15", which will get louder? also, about how far away can u hear a good l7?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2933
the 2 would be louder then the one, and it depends on the setup to how far away u can here it.lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
wut is the loudest subwoofer that sounds ok that i can get for 200- 300 dollars? would it be the l7 15" or something else? or avalanche? or wut?

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 137
chauncey, what did your brother say about the eclipse subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
wut about punch p3's? are they any good? come on, sumbody help me out, i want it loud

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2939
my bro has to pay a ticket he said he really wants re subs

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2940
Am, L7, SX, Armaggedon, Type-R, would all be loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
k, but which one of those is the loudest (and i want it to be able to atleast hit 20hz decent) and what do they cost? also, which is louder, avalanche or type r, both 15?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2941
if u can find an ava get. i would take it over all those subs^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
k does it hav more spl than all the other ones, 2? even an l7 ported? and if the ava is in a sealed box 2.2- 2.5 cubic? thats the one iv wanted 2, tho, ill probly go 4 one after christmas

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
would it b ok to port an ava 15? would it be even louder and still sound good? also, wut size and tuning would it need?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2958
baseball,oso,and mo use to have 1 u could ask them

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
also, wuts re's website and is an ava louder than the sx?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2960
www.reaudio.com

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2961
an ava will not get as loud as an sx if they are both powered properly

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
then in what ways is an ava better than an sx and how much does an sx and xxx 15" cost? is an sx really loud?

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 302
With the power I gave them (1000-1100w at 1ohm) the SX was slightly louder from 40hz on up, but not a lot, the difference is not enough to worry about). Below 40hz the Avalanche dominated. (the box was tuned to 28hz) The avalanche was PERFECT on 1000w, the SX wanted more. The SX would have potentially been louder with say 1200-1300w, but not that much. AM, if you can find an Avalanche GET IT! or get the SX on the sale. I don't think you realize how loud these things are, most people dont. You dont need 4 15 with 4000w to get loud. My Ava/SX was too loud to listen to for over a few minutes without it bothering you, at full volume. not to mention at that level you need some pretty good components to keep up. I think you would be perfectly happy with a 15" SE or SX from RE. The SE would be easier to power as you could probably get away on the stock Alt and the amp would be cheap. an SE with kx600.1 off ebay. That setup would be less than $400 and get very loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
well if i get an ava 15 how should i build the box, if i port it will it still hit the lows as well as it would if it were sealed, and what would i tune it to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
also, i wuz thinking bout a kicker sx amp 1250 and the little remote thing that controls the amp, also, would i hav to do ne thing w/ the battery or alternator if i had that and an ava?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1300
i used to have 2 12" type Rs powered by kicker kx1200.1 until i changed it to 1 12" re se xxx powered by jl 1000/1. this one sub got louder than the 2 Rs. type Rs did get pretty loud but not as loud as 1 se xxx sub.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 306
AM- i'd do it sealed.. 2-2.5ft^3 with about 2lbs of polyfil. That would probably be plenty loud and sound AWESOME! you souldnt have a real hard time finding one etiher. also, look at getting 1 or 2 RE SE. the 15" is only 167 on the sale!

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
i would, but im pretty short on money. im thinking bout the kicker sx1250 and the thing that monitors it and thatll b 600 together, also, the ava will be about 250 and with wiring it should all b about 900- 1000. if i were to port an ava it would still sound great right? i could tune it to like 24hz and itd b even louder. i really want evry1 2 hear me

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 307
24hz is too low. i had mine as 26-27hz and i think it was even a little low. 30 would be great I think. You have no idea how loud it is, I doubt you have heard anythign close actually. The SX1250 would be too much for an Avalanche. That amp puts out more than it's rated, probably around 1400w RMS. I gave the Avalanche 1000w RMS and that was plenty, I wouldn't give it anymore for a daily setup. If you're short on money, why are you looking at that amp? You really only need 700-800w to fully power the Avalanche. Plus when you go up to 1200w+ you are talking about serious electrical requirements.

AM, I've said it once and I'll say it again, you DONT NEED thousands of watts to get loud and be heard. For $400 you could get the SE, a good amp, box, wires EVERYTHING and be heard. It would surprise a lot of people what can be done with $400. I think most people on this forum will agree with me on that too.

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 27
agreed^

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3049
yep, and i also agree with baseball most people do not realize how loud that really is.lol

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 312
Yea when you get into the 140s it gets uncomfortable to listen for extended periods of time ( a minute or two lol). I would like to think I was hitting around 140-142 with my SX. That was crazy loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 87
Shooting for 150+ with my two RESX15s. Looking to run 2400rms, so two optima yellowtops and a 400A alt. But yeah, a 12"sx ported and powered correctly will probably be louder than most of the stuff you've heard. The SE is a cheaper way to go and it as well will get pretty loud. You've got tons of questions.. You might just be better off going to local audio stores or any local store that carries subs and listen to them yourself. You might find the "perfect loud" you are looking for. Ask about the shops demo cars and listen to those. With the low budget I'd go wit hthe 12" SX.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
naw man i wanna b heard way off so im gonna jus go w/ the ava and an sx900. i want 2 b the loudest at school, which means i gotta beat an mtx9500 and another kid has 2 l5's. it shouldnt b too hard. im tryin 2 get one of my friends to buy the sx 15

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 326
well, if you want to be the loudest, dont let your friend get something that can compete with you! The ava and SX were VERY close in SPL. (i never had them metered, but it's just a guess... it wasnt enough to really notice one way or the other)

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 339
yeah, but where's he gonna get an avalanche?

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 92
Ebay would be the best best bet. I see them pop up every now and then.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 428
i dont want to sound like a pansy but why do you want people to hear your system
it just makes your car a target to get jacked , the cops to give you tickets, and when you ride by crowded places thumpin people see you as a jackass

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
because i like bein better than evry1 else and i want the ava b/c i like to hear the low notes. i want my friend to get an sx bc i want 2 compare them and i cant afford one right now and the sale ends 2morrow. also, i wanna b able to set off car alarms in crowded parkin lots. but seriously, who doesn't want their sub 2 b loud? i can turn it down if i need 2

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 332
the sale does not end tomorrow

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
when does it end? and what are the prices for the 12" and 15" sx and also where do i go to order them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us